Thursday, August 16, 2007

For Your Eyes Only

I go running (almost) every morning with a girl in my neighborhood. This morning, her husband (our Elder's Quorum Pres) came with us. He's a pretty hilarious guy - the J. Golden Kimball of our ward. He is coaching his son's "Ute" little league football team this year - so at the end of our run he suggested we run the "Indian drill" that he makes his 12 year old boys do (I kept calling it the Indian fire drill - we are so not politically correct).

In the Indian drill, you jog in a line and the person in the back sprints to the front and on and on and on (I'm not sure what this has to do with Indians - and I'm sure it has a more PC technical name then the one we were using - but it did make me laugh).

We ran this for about 2 blocks. I have to imagine we were quite the sight. Picture it: the Indian fire drill, being ran on a busy street with a chubby blond girl (me), chubby blond guy, and a skinny (compared to the chubbies) girl. When we were finished - I told them if we ever do that again - it needs to be on a dark, dead end street with no traffic - this was definitely a for your eyes only moment.

2 comments:

Jolene said...

I am impressed with your running skills. Shannon and I just started walking again yesterday. In my opinion it is still too hot. When we get home at 6:00 (a.m.) I go immediately to the shower. This is the first time in my life I have ever taken a cold shower on purpose - and I still end up sweating. I joined the gym too. Cue up the music... "you're the meaning in my life - you're my inspiration"... I decided I can't turn 40 and be fat. Forty is one thing but 40 and fat would be terrible. It might also have something to do with the comment my kids made the other night as we were flipping through channels and landed on "Fat March" kids: "Mom - you should totally go on that show!" The darlings...

One Sassy Mama said...

The first counselor in our RSP's kids tell her all the time she needs to go on "What not to Wear" - without children - where would we get our high self esteem.