Last week, as we passed the bowl of watermelon around the dinner table--my DH commented that he was allergic to watermelon (taking a scoop anyway--if the watermelon is good enough he will eat through the pain).
Savvy said, "I'm not allergic to anything."
Jay added, "Neither am I."
I threw into the mix, "I'm allergic to watermelon, pineapple and canteloupe." (True story--by the way).
Aussie, not to be outdone, stated, "Well, I'm allergic to Catholics."
"WHAAT?" DH and I asked.
"Catholics. I'm allergic to Catholics," he answered.
Just as we launched into the lecture that we respect all religions...yadayadayada, Austin remarked, "Well, Mom's the one who said it. She told the doctor yesterday that I'm allergic to KEFLEX."
Savvy said, "I'm not allergic to anything."
Jay added, "Neither am I."
I threw into the mix, "I'm allergic to watermelon, pineapple and canteloupe." (True story--by the way).
Aussie, not to be outdone, stated, "Well, I'm allergic to Catholics."
"WHAAT?" DH and I asked.
"Catholics. I'm allergic to Catholics," he answered.
Just as we launched into the lecture that we respect all religions...yadayadayada, Austin remarked, "Well, Mom's the one who said it. She told the doctor yesterday that I'm allergic to KEFLEX."
{an antibiotic that causes him to break out in hives}
Sheesh.
Sheesh.
3 comments:
OK, I have to admit that when I first read your post I knew it was funny, because who's really allergic to Catholics (or admits it) I just didn't know why - I had to google Keflex to know what it was! Too funny of Aussie!
That is very funny! Your kids always crack me up.
So funny, what great dinner conversations!
Post a Comment