Last night, I sent a cute birthday e-card to my fun friend Leslie. Les is in my ward, my craft night buddy, and a reader of my blog--I figured she deserved something extra special.
So, I painstakinglyokay so it took 5 minutes picked out a card that I felt exuded humor yet let her know that I thought she was fab (click here to view it.)
So, I painstakingly
In the card, it has a crazy scientist who has created the amazing age reverser in which you push a button and it makes you 10 years younger. I thought it was pretty funny--I mean who wouldn't want to be 10 years younger right?
Ummm. Maybe a 28 year old?
I got an email back from my much, much younger friend, Leslie, saying, "Hehehehehe--of course I really wouldn't want to be 18 again--but still. You make me laugh! Thanks."
Sheesh.
I remember 28 fondly. It was a good year. Actually, it was a good couple of years. For two whole years I thought I was 28. People would ask my age (at 29)--I'd automatically say 28.
Then, all of a sudden I was 30. Man, did I feel old. Of course, I didn't feel as old as some of my 36 year old friends--now THEY were old.
Life Lesson #28: *I am 36 years old and I am that old lady.
*This lesson is not endorsed nor approved by the makers of Shenanigans by Nicole.
7 comments:
Some of my friends can't believe Zach is 29 (but i think it's more to do with his sexy physique and baby smooth skin). I think as you get older your definition of "old" gets older and older.
10 years ago I was 13... yeah, I wouldn't choose to relive it again. But if I could be 18 again with the superior knowledge I posess now I would go back in a heartbeat! Also, Zach and I started dating when I was 18 so it was indeed a good year...
Oh -- Ali--from the mouths of babes...hehe
One time in relief society we were talking about being kind and Christ-like and I made a comment about how Zach has a saying that goes something like "everyone is fighting a harder battle than you so be kind" and the lady giving the lesson said "from the mouths of babes". Then when I got home I told Zach about it and he told me it was quote from Plato. So really it was from the mouth of a really ancient dude.
I think I would like the idea of going back 10 years if I didn't have to redeliver any of my babies to do it. I don't really think that is an experience I would want to have to repeat.
I agree old at the age of 40 isn't old to me now that I keep getting closer to it. I think I will forever feel 25 - my brain just won't let me grow up.
I'm sometimes surprised that I am as old as I am. I'm even more surprised that if I went back ten years I would still be older than your friend is now!
p.s. Were you talking about me being your "old" 36 year old friend? :)
Ya I am not the youngest. Nicole you are just celebrating the 6th anniversary of your 30th birthday it really isn't that bad. Don't forget you are as only as old as you think you are.
But all I can say is I made your blog I think I am special now.
I know. I mean, how did this happen?
My Grandma (she's 97) had cataract surgery recently, then went home and called my Mom, FREAKING OUT. She said they had done something to her face during the surgery, and gave her all kinds of wrinkles she didn't have when she went in. Turns out the cataracts were like a face lift in the mirror. She says she still feels 25 inside, and can't believe her body doesn't match.
I'm 35, so I think I need to hang out with 40 year olds. Then I'll feel young and spritely. Plus they are cooler. No offense, but 18 year olds can be a liitle boring. THey don't know enough stuff.
Post a Comment