A Bad Influence...
Today in gospel doctrine class, we were discussing the naughty sons of Pahoran (Helaman 1). Our teacher was unsure how to pronounce a the name Paanchi. She asked for assistance.
Hands went up. The suggestion of "Paunchy" was made (and accepted throughout the rest of the hour).
Today in gospel doctrine class, we were discussing the naughty sons of Pahoran (Helaman 1). Our teacher was unsure how to pronounce a the name Paanchi. She asked for assistance.
Hands went up. The suggestion of "Paunchy" was made (and accepted throughout the rest of the hour).
I was sitting on the back row next to my good friend, Petal, and before I could crack my irreverant joke...she said, "Do not even look at me."
She knows me well.
Of course, I ignored her, looked at her, and whispered, "Paunchy ate too many chips."
Giggle-snorts were heard from the back row (okay...we didn't really snort..but I sure wanted to).
**********************************************************
An Historical Influence
This year, Jay is taking a U.S. History Honors class. Last week, she took a U.S. History pre-test--the teacher wanted to gauge the class on their knowledge.
Questions like, what happened on December 7th, 1941 or name a document of freedom were asked.
As I reviewed her test, to see what answers she had missed and which she had gotten correct...I couldn't help but notice her answer on question number 8.
8. Who is thought to be behind the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Her answer? "The Triple K"
"Jay, who are the triple K?" I asked.
"You know, those guys in hoods who don't like black people?" she answered.
Sheesh.
"Ummm. Darling. You are thinking of the Ku Klux Klan--and while they are evil they are not behind the 9/11 attacks."
"Well, who is then?" she asked.
"Osama Bin Laden," I answered.
"Okay. Now, I'm pretty sure he isn't the guy running for president, right?" she replied.
"Right."
Double Sheesh.
This year, Jay is taking a U.S. History Honors class. Last week, she took a U.S. History pre-test--the teacher wanted to gauge the class on their knowledge.
Questions like, what happened on December 7th, 1941 or name a document of freedom were asked.
As I reviewed her test, to see what answers she had missed and which she had gotten correct...I couldn't help but notice her answer on question number 8.
8. Who is thought to be behind the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Her answer? "The Triple K"
"Jay, who are the triple K?" I asked.
"You know, those guys in hoods who don't like black people?" she answered.
Sheesh.
"Ummm. Darling. You are thinking of the Ku Klux Klan--and while they are evil they are not behind the 9/11 attacks."
"Well, who is then?" she asked.
"Osama Bin Laden," I answered.
"Okay. Now, I'm pretty sure he isn't the guy running for president, right?" she replied.
"Right."
Double Sheesh.
3 comments:
I'm sure many were thinking it but we all know you would be the one to make the comment. Humor runs through your blood you simply can't help it.
I am with your friend... if I had been sitting with you in Sunday School I would already leaned my ear over to hear it.
Jay is so funny -hmmm, I wonder where she gets it from?, I don't know but I'm guessing it is not Jeff, and you have to agree Obama - Osama, very similar sounding to a 13 year old (and to a way past 30 year old)
Post a Comment