Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Sunday Funnies

Just as the Saturday afternoon session of general conference started, I realized I had failed to purchase a few key ingredients for dinner.

Since my in-laws happened to be dropping by for vittles after they attended the conference session {live and in person}--it became quite necessary for me to run to the grocery how very ox in the mireish of me.

Naturally, Savvy decided to join me.

On the way to the store, we listened to conference on the radio in my defense, I was tivoing conference--and technically we only missed one speaker--and a bunch of songs.

As we began our quick and dirty shopping spree, Savvy asked, "Hey, how come Walmart isn't playing conference in the store?"

I laughed, "Honey, they don't play conference in Walmart..I'm pretty sure that would be illegal."

She replied, "But, mom! I thought that everyone that lived in Utah HAD to listen to conference?!?"

Things that make you go hmmm?

2 comments:

gotta go girl said...

you just let her keep thinking that in case she becomes a rebellious teen. I love the line. It's the law kids. You MUST LISTEN! No excuses if you live in Utah.

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahaha

That's awesome - I can't wait to share this story with all my Arkansas family! :)