Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Shenanigans a la Phone

Doncha hate it when you call someone...and your mind wanders?

Today, I was calling a gal who I have been trying to get a hold of for 3 days. Admittedly, I am starting to feel like a stalker...but that's another story for another day.

Not realizing I was spacing off, I let the phone ring and ring and ring and ring.

As it rang, I thought about what I wanted to plant in my yard this year...I wondered what was making my kitchen sink stink...I tried to decide what I was going to wear to "Wicked" tonight...all the while the phone was ringing...and ringing...

...All of a sudden, I heard a, "Hello?" in a little bit of an annoyed voice.

I stammered, "Uhh. Sorry. I was waiting for your voicemail to pick up."

{Which I don't think she even has...but I was so surprised to hear a voice...not to mention we were both at a complete loss as to why I had let the phone
ring endlessly
for almost two minutes.}

What a shenanigan!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Oh I hate when I call someone and then start thinking about other things then when they answer - I can't remember who I am calling - so embarrassing!