Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Sunday Funnies

This morning, as El Jefe and I relaxed on the couch, we sent Aussie outside to get the Sunday newspaper.

As Aussie came in with the newspaper, he held it up in the air like he was
holding a torch.


Or a torpedo.


As Aussie tossed the newspaper over the back of the couch, he happily said, ""Here ya go, Dad."

El Jefe sat unawares that a torpedo had been launched and his battleship was about to be sunk.

It felt like slow motion as I watched the VERY HEAVY ad-laden newspaper tumble through the air end over end...and land on El Jefe...in a spot which has a tendency to turn most men into boys or at the very least a soprano.


El Jefe doubled over in pain.


Aussie was quite concerned.


I tried not to laugh.


El Jefe tumbled to the floor in agony.


Aussie was still quite worried.


This time I did laugh.
I'm evil like that

El Jefe moaned, "If only it hadn't been the Sunday paper."


PS If you wanna read something EXTRA funny..check out Nat's blog about her creative teens.

3 comments:

Aloicoius said...

Oh El Jefe. I can just hear him saying that. LOL!!

Jolene said...

Too bad you were video-taping it. Those are my favorite ones on AFV -baseball bat to the groin etc...

visited Nat's blog - I'm with you, my SPRING blocks were turned in to all kinds of words..

gotta go girl said...

Poor El Jef. Thanks for the referrals!! hee hee