Monday, November 24, 2008

An Eye Opening Experience

I wear disposable monthly contacts..and I have been running low on them since early September.

I only had two remaining for each eye--and 4 months to go before I could go to the eye doctor and load up on some more.

This was a puzzle to me, because I know I ordered plenty back in February--so I shouldn't have ran out so quickly. But, I figured I had torn a few here and so I must've been off on my count.

This means I have been wearing the same pair of contacts for two months.

It has been uncomfortable.

Gritty, Red, Smudgy, Burny, Watery, Ouchy.

And all because I was not good at properly distributing my contacts.

This morning, I decided enough was enough. I threw all caution to the wind and switched out my old contacts for a new pair. I looked in bottom drawer where I keep the new ones and couldn't find them anywhere. Looked in another drawer...nothing there either.

Finally, I looked in the bathroom closet and found not only the last pair of contacts..but another box full of contacts--a 5 month supply to be exact.

I was so happy! Although I've been kicking myself all day for not realizing this before I endured what feels like a permanent fingerprint on my left eye--for the past month.

Have you ever misplaced something without realizing it was misplaced only to find the unknown misplaced item you misplaced?

3 comments:

Jolene said...

I love this story - it's like when you put on a pair of jeans or a hoodie and find $20 in the pocket! Such a happy feeling!

gotta go girl said...

Oh Yea! I love checking winter coats from the previous winter! Big Bucks if you were downtown with the Trax change in your pocket! By the way, I know a place you can buy contacts.....hee hee!

~ej said...

oh i love finding money in pockets of winter coats...
and i often find things i was looking for in the exact place i looked for them 4 times before.
like my black snow boots that i have searched for over a week, just suddenly THERE in the basket in front of the car.
weird!!