Saturday, November 8, 2008

And now...the rest of the story

{Disclaimer: What a shenanigan I have gotten myself into! I'm a giver...but not a giver of mousy proportions! You know how when you have a really bad head cold and things seem funny and sarcastic to you? Well, after the two disgusting little mice found entry into our house...I truly thought... finally, Elvis can have a snippet of the life he is missing out on. Then I thought it would be pretty hilar to blog about it--and as a bonus I got to use those cute pics that Jay took of Elvis a couple of weeks ago. So, to answer your questions: NO! I did NOT turn mice loose in my house.}


And so now, loyal readers, here is the rest of the story...

We have a mouse in the house and I am totally freaked out.

Thursday night, I was attending a stake RS leadership meeting--just as I was getting ready to doze off- right in the middle of a great talk, my cell phone buzzed.
It was El Jefe. Now, El Jefe knew I was at a stake meeting--but I figured he had forgotten.

Phone buzzed again.
Ignored it.

The third time it buzzed I took it into the hall. This was getting awkward. Plus, I was starting to think their may be trouble on the home front.

"Honey, Elvis has two mice cornered in the kitchen!" El Jefe said.

"Eeew! Gross! Why are you calling me?" I said.

"Because I walked in the door only 15 minutes after you left and here sits Elvis with two mice...I was thinking maybe you had something to do with it," he answered.

I'll admit I've played a few jokes on El Jefe...but I would never involve disease-ridden-germ-infested-mousies in one.

He proceeded to tell me about how upon walking into the house...there sat Elvis with not one but two mice sitting on a glue trap--one was still alive...with his two little front paws on the gluey trap--but how disgusting..the other was old & dead {a couple of years ago we had mice troubles so I bought these great glue traps at IFA and stuck them every where--this one happened to be from underneath my stove--I had forgotten we even had it under there. I was pretty surprised that it even had any stickiness left on it since it had been there for so long.}

"I gotta go...mouse #1 is making a move to get off the trap!" he yelled.

"Kill it! Kill it before I get home!" I said.

Text messaging ensued:

El Jefe: I'm setting trap
Nicolita: Thank goodness
El Jefe: I've trapped the mice under your big blue bowl so the live one can't escape.


Nicolita: Who are you Elmer Fudd? Get out the mousetraps.
El Jefe: I've set up a perimeter...that **rascally rodent ain't gettin' out of here alive.


Oh great. He really is Elmer Fudd, I thought to myself.

El Jefe: Mouse #2 escaped through a crack in my perimeter! I can't believe it! It was foolproof!
Guess I'll go watch the Utah game.

Nicolita: {Edited for PG purposes} Okay


In other news...

Elvis aka Mouse Killer...Enjoys being one with nature..okay, so he's actually being one with a dusty ole glue trap and a mummified mouse..but we're all about baby steps around here.

**Okay, so, El Jefe did not really say rascally rodent...but you know he wanted to!

8 comments:

Leslie said...

get peppermint oil Mice are allergic to it. It can't be extract but the real oil. put it on a cotton ball and place it on the floor around the house. It works wonders. We used it all the time up at the High School in the Kitchen and around our house here. Good Luck.

One Sassy Mama said...

Peppermint oil? On the spices aisle at the grocery?

gotta go girl said...

Ha! Ha! That was hilarious. I love the "scene of the crime" photo! I think it is good that Elvis got a "taste 'o mouse"! Now you will never have mouse troubles again. Our old cat (Rest her soul) was a great mouser. She was strictly an outdoor cat (germaphobe phase) and we had her for 17 years. Even when she became "holocaust kitty" in her later years (she died a few months ago) she dedicated her life to keeping mice from ever entering our home. We have never had a mouse in the house and only had one in the garage. Now Elvis will be trained. I have a sister who is just not an animal person. Her cats have been named "Decon" and "Decon II", etc. As they meet their demise on the busy road behind their home they were simply replaced by another "Decon". As her kids got older, however, they were forced to have such names as "Fluffy", etc.

Jolene said...

I just want to know two things:

1. at any one time was your DH standing on a chair?

2. was there any woman-like screaming?

I'm only asking these questions to potentially make my DH feel better.

Jolene said...

Love the pictures BTW. They bring the scene of the crime alive.

Mary said...

I am so relieved to hear the rest of the story! Great pictures of the crime scene

Elder Ian Jeffrey Thomas said...

Can Elvis come over to our house to help catch our rodent criminal?

Pam said...

EEEEWWWWWW! You better hope Elvis remembers his preditory roots before that escapee mouse finds its way into your shoes. Great picture story though I felt like I was right there.