Friday, November 7, 2008

I'm a Giver {and Elvis better be a getter if he knows what's good for him!}

Sometimes I feel guilty that our kitty, Elvis, is an inside cat. We had him declawed last year so it's not like he has a choice--he'd be dogmeat for sure if he got loose outside.



But, every once in a while I get to feeling like it just ain't natural for a kitty to not be able to run
wild and free.


I'm humane like that.

Last night, being the kind and sensitive pet owner that I am, I decided to bring the outdoors in and turned two sweet little mice loose into my house.

It provided Elvis with hours of entertainment...actually he is still being entertained as he only caught one of the little devils.

What can I say? I'm a giver.


{A completely grossed out giver who is freaking out that there is a mouse/mice? scurrying around her house! What in the? I am headed to IFA tomorrow to buy me some traps! And Elvis better get down to business--because, Kitty Cat, it's time to earn your keep!}

PS Lest you think I have been hanging out & waiting for the perfect photography moment with my kitty-cat...Jay is the photog of all of these lovely pics of Elvis.

4 comments:

Jen said...

what do you mean you brought two mice in your house??!! You actually brought mice into the house? or you just saw mice? or this whole thing is a joke? Hurry, respond. I'm frightened!

Mary said...

I am asking the same question as Jen (above me) YOU brought two mice into your home??? - are you nuts girlfriend! Hopefully, you just SAW two mice in your house!

P.S. I tried your version of Baked Potato Soup tonight and it was yummy - thanks for sharing!

gotta go girl said...

You make me laugh so hard. Scrolling down the blog hearing the story is so effective! I just didn't know what was coming! I can't believe you let two mice in. Where did you find them? And the photos of Elvis.....hilarious. He totally looks like he is dreaming of the outdoors. You'd be fine if you didn't look at those poignant photos of him!

Jolene said...

For the love of Cheetos you put your tag on your blog! I am so in love right now!

Courtney takes all of the pix around here too.