Monday, November 8, 2010

Sunday Funnies (on Monday)

{I guess I'm still trying to get the hang of this blogging daily plan..so I missed a few days. But, one thing I'm for sure starting back up is the Sunday Funnies...cause my family seriously cracks me up...I'm just a day late this time around.}

My twins turned 12 last month. It was a sad occasion for me. It made me feel really old that my babies were going into YW's and YM's!

One really cool thing about turning 12, was Auz received the priesthood.

He passed the sacrament for the first time a couple of weeks ago.


It happened to be the day of the primary program. {I'm thinking passing the sacrament on primary program day has got to be a toughie for even the most seasoned deacon.} I was nervous for him.

When it came time for the sacrament, I watched my boy like a hawk. He led the deacons out, and headed up to the stand to pass it to the bishopric.

Heart palpitations ensued!

"Did they tell him to pass to the bishop first?" I whispered to El Jefe. {I'm pretty sure El Jefe rolled his eyes at me...but I was too jittery to care.}

Whew. He did it!

Then he walked over to the primary pianist and served her.

Finally, he came down our side. He passed that bread like a pro.

Now, it was time for the water.

He walked very, very, very slowly, trying not to spill the tray. It was pretty cute.

We were sitting on the second to the last row, and by the time he got to us the water was almost gone. I ended up taking the last cup.

Luckily, one of the other deacons had already served the row behind us.

I figured Auz had seen him too.

Unfortunately, he hadn't.

He took that empty tray and attempted to pass it to the cute elderly man behind us.
They informed him they had already been served the sacrament.

Auz got back in line with the rest of the deacons.

After sacrament meeting was over, the cute elderly couple behind us said, "You're son did a real good job on passing the sacrament for the first time. Except for that part where he tried to pass us an empty tray."

No comments: