Monday, November 22, 2010

Name that Smell

After I got off work today, I had to run a couple of errands.

Once I was finished running around like a lunatic, I realized that I was starving and it was almost time to pick up kids.

So I swung by In-N-Out...for a tasty lettuce wrapped burger (cause I'm trying not to eat carbs) and a delightful french fry (d'ya think I canceled out the wicked deep fry carb by not eating the bun carb? Prolly not.)

I quickly ate the messy deliciousness in the van, disposed of the evidence, and then headed home to pick up my first child of the carpool, Jordyn.

As Jordyn got into the car, she said, "What's that smell?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," I replied.

"It smells like you ate at Wendy's," she said.

"Nope," I answered.

Petal's son, Ian, was also with us. He said, "Nah, it smells more like Arby's to me."

Once again, I denied the smell.

After I dropped them off at swim team practice, I had to pick up my twins from school.

Savvy was the first to hop in.

Savvy said, "What's that smell? Did you go to Sonic without us?"

"Nope. I don't know what you're talking about," I answered.

Finally, Auz got in.

"So, Mom, did you bring me a hamburger from In-N-Out?" he asked.

"Uhhhh. Nope," I answered.

"How rude," he answered.

{That boy has a superior sense of smell!}

No comments: