Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Story of the Great Pumpkin Thieves {minus the pumpkin part}

So, we got robbed over the weekend.


How's that for a Happy Halloween?

It actually happened on Halloween eve (which was Utah's Halloween night).

El Jefe had forgotten and left his car parked in front of the house. He never locks it cause it's a piece of junk. El Jefe has said many a time, "Not even a thief would want this car."

Well, he was right. The thieves didn't want his car. {After all, the key was in the ignition.} But, they did want his cheap, left handed..the jokes on them golf clubs in the trunk, his CD's, and the use of his garage door opener.

Once the bandits made it inside the garage, they had a hey-day, seeing as my van also wasn't locked. So, they got away with my purse (with a whole 10 dollars cash in it), CD's, phone and DS chargers.

But, the most insulting thing of all? They stole my makeup-bag. My cheap, full of crappy make-up, bag. {I told the police officer that they picked the cheapest, poorest garage in the neighborhood to rob...I bet they were super disappointed with their limited cache}.

The only high ticket item they stole was my air compressor. Now, that was a serious bummer. I mean, sure I haven't used it in a couple of years...but it was nice to know that if I ever had time to use my nail gun...that I could.

The most disappointing part of this robbery was they didn't even have the creativity to steal a pumpkin off our porch. Haven't they ever watched "The Great Pumpkin Thief?" I'll be honest, if they had stole a pumpkin--it would've made this annoying trick a tiny bit of a treat.

The blockheads.


2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so sorry to hear that! That is such a momumental pain for you - cancelling everything, replacing everything. So sorry to read this post (but happy to be reading a post of yours - welcome back to blogging!)

Jen said...

OH, I am so sorry to hear that--what a nightmare! I lost my wallet once--good times trying to get a new driver's license with NO photo ID. Good luck getting everything replaced.