Friday, November 5, 2010

10 Fun Facts about Being Robbed

1. Even though I wear super-cheapo makeup...that Maybelline stuff adds up! Replacing the makeup and my makeup bag cost about $60...sheesh!

2. Tuesday was election day. I was totally planning on voting that afternoon. {I mean, I was seriously informed about the candidates...just ask the dude I wrote in for governor.} Then, I realized I needed my drivers license to vote. Stinkin' thieves must have something against people exercising their civic duty.

3. Since I needed to get my drivers license replaced {see #2}. I had the privilege of going through pain and agony of going to the drivers license bureau...filling out forms, standing in the lines, paying $18...all for a new license...{at least the picture is cuter.}

4. They stole our stinkin' cable that connects our Ipods' to the radio so you can listen to your tunes. I think it would be appropriate to say they totally jacked our jack.

5. I'm secretly thankful that my air compressor has been stolen. Now, I don't have to feel guilty about not using it.

6. Since we had to cancel all of our credit/debit cards, I had no money till my AMEX card came FED EX on Tuesday afternoon. {El Jefe the budgeteer was grateful for the two day spending freeze}.

7. It was heart warming to see the thieves show a little bit of integrity. Even though they stole all of our CD's in the jockey box...they left behind my {LDS} Hilary Weeks CD. The irony. I'm sure they were afraid of accidentally listening to it and being inspired to CTR.

8. The thieves have created a little bit of an obsessive/compulsive disorder in my whole family. I hear the garage door being checked at least 10 times a night. If only they could become obsessive/compulsive about cleaning. Is there such a thing as a cleaning thief?

9. Those opportunistic thieves so picked the wrong garage to break into...I mean seriously...we're white trash surrounded by richies.

10. Speaking of white trash, I'm pretty sure the cops didn't believe me when I told them the thieves totally trashed our garage. Maybe it was the scattered junk--intermingled with the sawdust?

2 comments:

Mary said...

OHH so sorry you got robbed - maybe that's why you forgot our lunch date! (just kiddin) - I do wish there where a cleaning thief!

Jen said...

5 Fun Facts about Nic getting robbed, for Jen:
#5: I'm secretly SOO glad you got robbed--only you can make crime funny!
#4: $60 on makeup? Whew, no wonder I stick with the (not so)super cheapo makeup too!
#3: When I had to replace my D.L. I had to take in my high school yearbook! Seriously? A 1" B/W pic of me from 15 years ago?? No wonder ID theft is a problem in this country!
#2: "jacked our jack"---Hilar!
#1: "Cleaning thief"--how do I get one of those? Bring it on! Maybe if I leave some toys, laundry, old homework assignments, etc in a trail from the sidewalk to my front door, some OCD/clean freak will follow it in and just clean to her freakish heart's delight!

Love it!! You are the queen of hilariousness! so glad you are blogging again!