Friday, November 12, 2010

Last Thing about Being Robbed

{I promise this is the last of the robbing saga. I know I've milked it for all its worth.}

When my purse was stolen, so were our library cards (mine, Savvy's and Auz's).

Now, I'm not the type of person who loses library cards and then immediately replaces them. Mostly because I've memorized the numbers on the cards and can just enter the code by hand.

Case in point, Jordyn's library card. Her card has been lost for about 2 years. Anytime she needs to use her card, I just enter it in for her. I'm smart like that.

And it's not like I was worried that the thief was going to check out Jane Austen's entire series of books and never return them.

But, the library does have CD's and DVD's that an enterprising thief could check out..and then sell on Craigslist...which is where I think the criminal sold my stuff.

So, on Saturday I went into the library to pick up {Austin's Paul Revere book that he absolutely had to have for Monday} some things on hold.

I decided to be on the safe side and talk to the librarian about replacing the library cards.

This is what I found out.

*Collectively, our 4 cards had about $15 worth of fines. Which I paid. {I like to call it my annual donation to the library.}

*Each card was $3 to replace.

*They would only let me replace MY card. The children needed to be present to receive their own. Which I could totally understand. I mean, here I was...a suspicious character...owing fines upwards of $20, claiming my wallet was lost...I could totally be pretending to be the mother of those delinquent children who had racked up all of the fines...that I was now paying for.

So, she cancelled my kid's cards. I gave her my fine money, replaced my card, and left.

Yesterday, while I was cleaning off the phone cupboard (my VT's were coming and you never know where they may look during their cleaning inspection), I discovered the 3 "stolen" library cards that I thought were in my purse.

I wonder what other things I'm missing that I've been blaming on those poor thieves?

For the love!

No comments: