On Friday, our family was able to go to the conference center and watch Jay participate in a youth temple celebration--in honor of our new Draper Temple being built.
This was a once in a lifetime experience for her and we were so excited she had the chance to participate (even if our seats were way up in the balcony).
Just before the program began, President Monson entered the room with President Eyring and other general authorities.
The thousands of people who filled the conference center stood to show our respect and love for him.
I had a tear in my eye as I watched the prophet enter the enormous room and give a little wave.
And then I looked at Auzy who had his
hand over his heart.
In all seriousness, he whispered to me,
"Are we going to say the
pledge of allegiance now?"
This was a once in a lifetime experience for her and we were so excited she had the chance to participate (even if our seats were way up in the balcony).
Just before the program began, President Monson entered the room with President Eyring and other general authorities.
The thousands of people who filled the conference center stood to show our respect and love for him.
I had a tear in my eye as I watched the prophet enter the enormous room and give a little wave.
And then I looked at Auzy who had his
hand over his heart.
In all seriousness, he whispered to me,
"Are we going to say the
pledge of allegiance now?"
3 comments:
Is Austin having and hard time seperating church and state. When I was little I though the prophet was also the President of the United States.
That is pretty funny!
Your kids CRACK ME UP! I love it. One of the girls I used to watch was at school and her teacher was going over all the presidents; Taylor piped up, "What about President Hinkley?" LOL
Post a Comment