Tonight swim team practice got canceled due to bad weather.
This meant I finally had the kids home on a
Monday eve..so I put them to work.
I told the three of them they were in charge of every aspect of family home evening (except I'd do the refreshments).
Generally, when any of my kids are in charge of family night, it will either be a movie or some sort of game. So, I made the stipulation that there must be a
spiritual thought involved.

Apparently, they really wanted to play "Life". So, they orchestrated a FHE around it.
Jay narrated the creation from Genesis--whilst Savvy and Auzy held up homemade pictures.
I especially loved Auzy's rendition of Day 3-- does anybody else notice how earth looks an awful lot like Bikini Bottom (Spongebob Squarepants' domain)?

To-may-to, To-mah-to?
After the lesson, we played "Life" and I discovered some interesting tidbits.
#1 Auzy wants to name his children
Spongebob and Patrick.
#2 Savvy is planning on marrying a cat.

#3 The man on the $50,000 bill of Life looks a lot like Lorenzo Snow.
#4 Jay always took the pathway that earned her
more babies...not more money.
#5 I always took the pathway that earned me more money
#6 Jay won the game by $100,000--and
boy howdy did she rub in the fact that I failed to follow one of the basic tenets from our FHE lesson...
multiply and replenish the earth.
4 comments:
Love that Savvy wants to marry a cat! Jay's going to have to carry Savvy's weight in the mulitplying and replenishing part!
Hey you got a new look! I like!
your blog looks great! I can totally see Savvy saying she is going to marry a cat - every time I see her Elvis is getting plenty of lovin!
I love your FHE, I think Aussie's the earth does look like Bekini Bottoms. I love your observations! Way funny!
Post a Comment