One of the best cooks I've ever met, brought this divine appetizer to our RS Birthday Lunch last week...it was yumalicious, looked festive--AND {she said} easy to make!
Ingredients
8 slices bacon {1/2 c. of pre-cooked Costco Crumbled Bacon}
1 can Rotel Tomatoes {mild or use original or hot according to your own taste. Drain well. You can also use 2 fresh tomatoes and 1 can mild green chilies.}
1 can petite diced tomatoes, drain well
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 c. shredded Swiss Cheese
2 T. mayonnaise
1 tsp. dried basil
Pinch of garlic powder
1 can Grands Flakey Layers biscuits {Can choose use any kind of refrigerator biscuits}
Directions: Cook bacon until brown and drain. Crumble into mixing bowl and mix with tomato, onion, Swiss cheese, mayo, basil and garlic. Let sit overnight or several hours to blend flavors. When ready to bake, separate biscuits into quarters. Roll into ball and use rolling pin to get flat or just press into greased mini muffin pan. Fill to biscuit top with tomato-bacon mixture. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes. Makes 32.
2 comments:
Those were so yummy - wouldn't it be nice if we had all the recipes from the appetizers the other day! (hint hint)
this sounds great - I hope I remember where I read it when I need it!
Post a Comment