Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Sunday Funnies

Savvy has wart issues of epic proportions. She currently has three large warts on her cute little foot--and the ugliness of it all is stressing her out.

Being the fab mother that I am, I bought her some wart remover sticker stuff forget the fact that when she started out with one smallish one over a year ago and I ignored her complaints--and now they are spreadin' like the dickens.

Today after church, I put the wart stickers on the offending foot. Savvy was quite curious about the inner-workings of said wart stickers--and pretty concerned about the salicylic acid.

So, she picked up the box and began reading aloud the product details. It was pretty standard stuff.

Next, she started to read the ingredients--which she mostly couldn't pronounce.

Finally, she moved onto the warnings. Still reading aloud she said: "Do not use: On moles, warts with hair growing from them {hairy warts provided us the kids with lots of laughter and me with lots of eeeew-disgust}, birthmarks, warts on the face--and gentile warts.

Surely, I knew what was coming next.

"Mom, what's a gentile wart? Like a really big one?" Savvy asked.

For the love.

{I took the box away after that.}

6 comments:

Mary said...

Don't you love thoses kind of questions! Especially if older children are in the room and they may have an idea of what it is. - That Savvy she is a funny one

Jolene said...

Are gentile warts what you get if you don't get jewish warts?

One Sassy Mama said...

Jo-I almost started out the post with-- "And it came to pass that I beheld many jews and gentiles were plagued with warts and rumors of warts." But I feared sacrilege--until you broached the subject--heehee.

gotta go girl said...

Oh I am still laughing! Blogs are a free for all as far as blasphemy is concerned - even for the R.S. Pres. (we know your true heart my dear!). Before I read the comment I was going to ask what Jewish warts looked like so we are thinking along the same lines Jolene. So funny. I have to tell you this...but you might as well head into the dermatologist. Been there, done that, anything OTC doesn't work when they have started spreading. Dang. Poor Hannah had them on her fingers. I feel her pain! At least they are hidden!

Beeswax said...

Sam's had a wart on his hand we've been treating on and off for months. Good luck with yours.

You can't treat the gentile warts warts with the OTC because they are not the CHOSEN WARTS.

You should hear the questions I've been fielding after I let Jane watch a tub birth on A BABY STORY on TLC. Gentile warts seem infinitely preferable.

Wait. That doesn't sound right at all.

Pam said...

Gentile warts now that is worse than the hairy warts anyday. I am just crossing my fingers not to have to deal with warts of any religion or body part placement. Good luck with Savvy's