It started out that we were only going to do four crafts (I'd be in charge of two and our fab enrichment leader in charge of two). Then, I felt guilty because we didn't have any inexpensive crafts--so I threw in a couple more. Then, I got this fabulous idea to make a family monogram picture.
One thing led to another and just before midnight on Saturday I was madly trying to finish up 5 not so fabulous crafts.

Of course, at that moment, I hit a crafting roadblock. I needed supplies--and I needed them right then. I did what any girl desperate for crafting supplies at midnight would do--I texted my RS President "CALL ME ASAP IF YOU ARE AWAKE!!"
Luckily, Mary, is as big a night owl as I am. So she called. I gave her my short list of things I needed to finish up my crafties:
A can of colonial red spray paint (which she amazingly enough had the exact same color & brand).
A caulking gun & paintable caulk (which she found without having to wake up her husband--who would've been about as impressed as my husband was with me and my crazy shenanigans).
And water based stain (which she didn't have--but then found on Sunday morning--not that I was still crafting Sunday morning, in the kitchen at the church, during another wards sacrament meeting).
Mary delivered the goods and ended up helping me finish the crafts until about 2 am {I am a wiley one}. At one point we were out on my deck spray painting the family monogram sign--and I said, "That would be awkward if my neighbors were looking out their windows right now." {I was bending over in my low-riding old navy pj's---which, if I 'm not wearing a long shirt, provides quite a show for casual onlookers. Think plumber. Think crack. Think me. Or don't.}
At church, Sunday afternoon, as we were putting on the final touches of our cutie-pie display--my next door neighbor, Petal's husband asked me {with a big grin on his face} what my stance on Sabbath Day observance was. Did I believe it was midnight Saturday to midnight Sunday? Or did it just start when I woke up? Or what?
The jig was up.
Brother Petal had been shutting his boys blinds and noticed my back patio light on. And me. And Mary. {Thankfully, he didn't mention my friend, Mr. Plumber.}
{Ironically, I found out that Brother Petal had actually been up watching movies & playing Xbox till 130 am. It appeared we were both in the same Sabbath Day boat--mine just happened to have red paint sprayed all over it--and the deck--which is another story for another day--and please don't mention it to El Jefe or I will be El Dead-ay}.
PS Dontcha just love a story with pictures? I'll be posting details on how to make the above crafts sometime this week--and by sometime this week--I really mean--sometime before Halloween.
6 comments:
Lovely crafts! You are a hard-workin' plumber.
I was just telling Jake that in college we'd always try to start the Sabbath at midnight Sun., which sounds righty righteous, right? but then, we'd wait up til midnight Mon, and go get shakes at Jack in the Box. Which sounds questionable.
Yes you are one talented girl - (even if time management eludes you! - (and me)) I think you must be doing something right for me to have colonial red paint in my paint cabinet at 12:30 am! I really don't remember even buying it - and when I say paint cabinet I mean any where in the garage
Those crafts are super crafty - I love them. I really love the this and that hat boxes... not a hint... well, maybe a hint.
I'm pretty much a Jewish Sabbath observer - sun-up to sun-down. That is how I justify watching shows after the kids go to bed Sunday night.
Are we really supposed to confess our Sunday habits? I plead the 5th.
Loving the crafties - you are still the Queen! Is that vinyl lettering or painted letters? OK, OK I guess I can wait for the tutorials.
I agree with Jo, I need some This & Thats in my kitchen :)
I think a good ole bent over plumbers crack is a sign of someone who knows what their doing. I mean they always seem to get the job done and so did you...so just think of it as part of the job.
I would LOVE dirctions on how to do some of these things. Are these for your Super Sat.? If so you are putting our ward's to SHAME sista! I can see your red boat now, let's not speak about the deck...
Can't wait for the DIrections! Thansk for sharing your cute crafts, wish we could do fab friday over here! :(
I will be checking back, closer to Halloween ;)
I liked the "this and that" too!
I hope that snake didn't get in your house, scary!!
Post a Comment