Etiquette Rule #2: Watch for typos. Nobody wants to bake a Chocolate "Mouse" Pie.
Etiquette Rule #3: Correct ingredients are of the utmost importance. 14 teaspoons of lemon extract will pack a powerful punch when the Sugar Cookie recipe calls for only 1 1/2 teaspoons.
Etiquette Rule #4: Copyright laws are null and void when it comes to a ward cookbook
Etiquette Rule #5: I don't care how good a recipe is--you'd better change the name of it if it involves the word "Mole". Regardless of the fancy pronunciation--when I see "Chicken Mole Pizza" it brings to mind nasty visits to the dermatologist.
Etiquette Rule #6: If you are not sure who the author of a recipe is, it is quite alright to attribute the recipe to your neighbor--she most likely won't notice--probably--unless she reads your blog--which she doesn't.
Etiquette Rule #7: You must save your recipe book document. I repeat. You must save your recipe book document. So then, after you have promised many, many RS ladies an emailed version of the cookbook--you won't have to spend 2 hours reinventing the wheel--you know, the one you already invented the first time around?
Etiquette Rule #8: If you complain enough about your calling--and the business therein such as typing up a monster of a recipe book you will receive a delicious bundt cake from your BFF and it will make breaking all of the above etiquette rules worth every bite. Tally-ho.
5 comments:
it just never ends does it. But hey I love the cook book it is wonderful. Everyone did a great job.
OMG, Nicole! I have a new respect for you. I can't believe you touched it, gloves or not!! Brave woman!! If that had been my house unfortunately the snake would have got in!
I wish my ward would do a cookbook. Maybe I'll have to borrow yours. Or better yet, you should email it to me! LOL jk
Awesome cookbook etiquette. This will come in handy when I say to anyone that asks me to do one "no way Jose, but I have some great rules to pass on to whoever is crazy enough to accept" :)
hehehe
So, did you end up saving a copy? 'Cuz I'd love the e-mail...hubby says I'm a cookbook junkie. :)
I absolutely love your blog!!!
Post a Comment