Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What Would Freud Do?

A few weeks ago, I came to the realization that if I wanted to have time to blog--I was going to have to be more organized with my efforts.

{You see, I had underestimated the power of a new part-time job, a busy church calling, a house without a maid, a phone that needs answering, a kitty-cat, 3 kids, and a husband.}

I enjoy reading a blog called Scribbit {its written by a gal in Alaska who I think of as a professional blogger}. So, I remembered an interview that I had watched on her blog where she shared tips on how to be an
effective blogger.

One of the ideas she shared was that she actually writes her posts a couple of weeks in advance. That way, if she has a crazy week like if there is a moose stampede and all power is lost she pulls a post out of her magical writing hat and she is all set.

I knew this was the plan for me. I decided to implement it toot sweet. So, a couple of weekends ago, I blogged up a blogging storm. I wrote some posts, saved them and waited. It worked great.

During the week, all it took was the push of the publish button. And you, Loyal Readers, were
none the wiser.

Using the same plan over conference weekend, I was able to write up a few more posts. Again, the plan was to scatter them througout the week--helping me to feel better about the whole being to busy to blog factor.

And then something unexpected happened.

One of my friends from AZ, Kelly B, stole my thunder.

I had just gotten off work and had settled down at the computer with an icy diet coke. I checked a few emails and then clicked over to Shenanigans and to publish my "Dream a little Dream" post. When what did my wandering eye notice on the sidebar? Kelly B had just updated her blog. Being a fan of Beeswax, I quickly clicked over to read it.

That stinkin' Kelly B had posted about her dream the night before.

And it was similar to mine.

Only funnier.

Well-written.

And smarter.
I'll be honest...there were places she was visiting in her dream that I hadn't even heard of--and the analysts? Oy Vey!.

Curse that
Stinkin' Mindreader.

Why can't she just mind her own Beeswax?

1 comment:

Pam said...

That is too funny. I love the idea of writing ahead but I don't think I've ever done anything ahead of time before in my life. I would still love to hear your dream - I'm sure with all your shenanigans it's a great one :)