Thursday, July 3, 2008

A Repeat Performance

You know how they say history repeats itself?

Well, unfortunately so does procrastination.

In my last post, I mentioned how my talk didn't get itself written until the night before. Well, I'm headed down the same path with my RS lesson for Sunday.

Is it really already Thursday?

Or have I stumbled into a time machine and ended up 3 days further into the future than I wanted to be?

I was going to get my lesson going on Sunday night. Really, I was. But, c'mon I'd just given a talk--didn't I deserve the night off?

Monday
. I had to clean the house. Then I sent a carefully crafted email to the RS ladies. Re-upped my subscription with Paper Crafts Magazine. Took the kids to the Library. Swung by Albie's for some smokin' deals on groceries. Dropped Jordyn off at swim team. Family Night. But, I promised myself I'd get to my lesson on Tuesday.

Tuesday
. Time for the monthly Sunrise Temple group. We left at 4:30 am for the 5 am session and if that isn't going to put a kink in my cog I don't know what will. After the temple, we headed to Mimi's for breakfast and a meeting. Got home around 9am. Picked Jay up from swim team and dropped the twins off at swim lessons at 930 am. Registered the twins at Summit (their new charter school--also the home of my new TA job in the fall). Picked the twins up at 1015 and headed home for some summer slavin'. After the slavery, sent Jay off to the movies with some friends. Picked up Jay at the movies. Took the twins to swim team from 5-6 and then soccer practice from 630-730--tried to read over my lesson but instead of bringing May 2008's Ensign--I brought May 2007's Ensign. Made a late dinner. Went to bed around 915 {I'm telling you, that 345 am rising is for the birds--and maybe my Grandpa}. As I drifted off to sleep, I promised myself I'd get to my lesson on Wednesday.

Wednesday. Went to a swim meet {I have the sunburn to prove it} with Jay. We left at 715 am and got home at 130 pm--on the way home we stopped at imitation Inn-&-Out burger Chadders & a quick stop to buy a couple of birthday presents for Savvy's drive-inn birthday party she had been invited to that night. Tried to take a nap (me+sun=not a good thing), tried to read a book, tried to blog, talked on the phone, tried to clean the house {and with the assistance of the slaves succeed on that goal}, went to the twins soccer game from 530-630 pm (curse you summer soccer league!), did visits with the RS presidency, visited some more in my driveway with the RSP till 11, fell asleep quickly at 11:30 on black beauty. But, I promised myself that I'd get to my lesson on Thursday.

Thursday. Got DH and Jay off at 715 for another day at the pool. Checked some emails. Blogged. And now I'm headed upstairs for some whip-crackin' -- this house will be shining like the top of the Chrysler building by 11 am--cuz I've got a Family BBQ here tomorrow night!

And then? I'm pretty sure. Almost positive. That I will start my lesson for Sunday.
{
P.S. My lesson is from April's General Conference. It is on Cheryl Lant's wonderful talk on Righteous Traditions--one of my favorite talks from GC. If you have any fabulous ideas, object lessons etc--and I use it--I will send you a fabulous prize that has yet to be determined...Promise! }
{Fine Print: Please allow 10-12 weeks for the crafting of and mailing of said item--or just come and visit me and eliminate the tricksy & troublesome post office step.}

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get up and smell the roses!! They are much prettier at 5:am, After so many years it comes easy.

Pam said...

Your days always wear me out just reading them. That Saturday night lesson is gonna be good and you know it :)
I will have to look at that talk because it sounds good and one of your famous prizes doesn't hurt either.
Have fun tomorrow with your family!

Beeswax said...

I got nothin'. You do too much stuff. I need a nap after reading that litany of tasks.

How do you get your kids to be good slaves? I try but end up ticked at everybody!