Wednesday, December 19, 2007

She Lives...

I'm back from my blogging hiatus. You will note my blogging ended about the same time the writers went on strike--I was trying to keep it real. You know how news reporters will go live in a prison for 2 weeks - to see out it is on the inside. Or they go to Iraq and live with the soldiers for a season? That's basically what I was doing.

So, now I'm back - and I'm hopeful the writers and the powers that be will take my cue -- kiss and make up and start writing again. Just in case they don't--I have a few shows up my sleeve that I can start watching. I've been stockpiling them on tivo since September.

In January, if worse comes to worse - I will at least have some new shows to watch. One is "The Women's Murder Club" - it's based on some books by James Patterson. Looks pretty good. I did watch the premiere and I liked it. I also have a 1/2 season worth of "Moonlight" - it's a vampire show - and with all the vampire hoopla I thought I'd give it a try. I was also tivoing Project Runway - until I realized it is on ALL the time and they do tons of marathons of it (plus I was running out of space). Of course, this will all be for naught - if I run out of shows by mid-February and the writers are still on strike.

My DH and I were talking about this the other day. I think if the strike continues long term that television will go completely to reality shows. So now is the time to get your reality TV show ideas pitched to Hollywood. I told my DH we are pretty funny and I think we'd make a great reality TV show. "Mormons in Draper" or something catchy (with my luck HBO would probably think it was a Big Love rip-off and sue us).

So it is a quandary I find myself in with my television viewing practices. My shows from September have left me hanging - and shows I was looking forward too (24 in January) - have been indefinitely postponed. I suppose instead of looking for way to fill my TV viewing quota -- I could take advantage of all the extra free time I have in my evenings and do something productive?? Hmmm?

2 comments:

Jolene said...

I'm thinking you could do a good reality show all about the "13th year". Or "the adventures in the purple van" you guys are funny and I would watch. You could host "Utah Cribs" and the whole world could find creative ways to hide your food storage, how many Greg Olsen paintings are too many, and jello salads for everyday of the year!

Beeswax said...

OOH. I would so totally watch you on Utah Cribs. Or maybe a show where Ashton Kutcher (or maybe Kirby Heywood) goes around the world pretending to be an investigator and punking missionaries.

We should be in charge of BYUTV. It could be sooo much better.

Blogging fills the hole in my heart where TV used to be.