Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Proof that I am neither Efficient nor Effective

Dearest Quality Control:


I had a list a mile long of things I needed to do today. One of the necessary evils involved the One Hour Photo at Walmart. This time of year Walmart is a nightmare and I wanted to avoid it at all costs..but duty called.

I decided that in order to be truly efficient I would send my pictures to the Walmart in AF. Even though this Walmart was 10 miles further than my normal haunt...it just so happened to be across the street from Jay's Orthodontist--and we just so happened to have an hour long appointment there today.

And so the pictures were efficiently sent.

And then the pictures were effectively forgotten.

Until I was just about home.

Looks like I'll be making one more efficient trip to the AF Walmart tomorrow.


“Efficiency is doing things right; effectiveness is doing the right things.”

Peter Drucker

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's the efficient thought that counts right?

gotta go girl said...

Oh so true. The other night I went grocery shopping at 9:30 at night. (post princess schedule). I went to Albertsons because they had what I wanted on sale. I went to go into the store and YES, I had left my purse at home.