Yesterday, my brother sent me an email that I'm sure he thought was quite hilarious. And he would be correct. It was pretty funny.
So funny, that I've decided to share it with my loyal readers...who I am sure have dwindled down to one because of my irregular posting.
The email from Z: (background..his car just went kaplooey and he's getting rid of it..piece by piece?)
"You don't want anything out of a Dodge Neon do you? You're makin' stuff out of crap. I've got a perfectly good car you can pull a seat out of, or whatevs. I know, make a sign out of the hood! You can hang it above your garage."
This made me laugh, because yes, I do love collecting junk--especially in my garage.
Why junk? Well, I have always had a great love for making something out of nothing. I enjoy creative projects.
So, whenever I see junky treasures...I see potential and come up with such grand ideas for makeovers that I can hardly contain myself.
Of course, sometimes these ideas don't always come to fruition...hence, the garage full of junk.
You see, I am also procrastinator of epic proportions.
But, I digress...back to the junk...
I've got a garage full of barnwood from my grandpa's barn (El Jefe curses me everytime he pulls his car into the garage).
I have two wonderfully, old doors--also from Grandpa's house. (One is actually in my front room--with a wreath hanging on it. The other door is in my garage waiting for inspiration)
I have the most fabulous bi-fold door that I bought at Home Depot for $5. I planned on making it into a shelf, then a sofa table, then....who knows what...
Two old bar stools...
Old windowpanes
A nice collection of 2x4's
Old bricks
A set of dresser drawers...needing to be overhauled
Lots of old cupboard doors..from a salvage shop
Horseshoes (don't ask..cuz I won't tell)
And many more treasures too numerous to mention (plus..if El Jefe finds out about all my secret trash stashes..I have a feeling it will start to disappear---bit by everloving bit).
My email response to dear Z?
"You are such a lunatic (hehe). But, hey, I wouldn't mind having the rearview mirror--I was thinking of putting some vinyl lettering on it and hanging it in my shower--you know to watch for Pscyho killers that sneak up behind me and try to murder me.."
A procrastinatingly, paranoid,
junk collector.
{Just what this world needs}
4 comments:
I have to tell you, he wasn't kidding when he said he wanted you to makes something out of the car parts. He seriously has that much faith in your crafty ways.
This is pretty funny - but I am sure you could make something wonderful from car pieces and than I would want to copy you!
I have witnessed the junk, I have organized the junk and I have a great love for the junk. You have a talent for making the junk less junky. Did you see the Project Runway where they made dresses out of car parts? I have no doubt in my mind that you could find something to make out of that old Dodge.
Z is funny- and it sounds like he's right, you can stuff out of whatever. Think of car parts as a new medium...
Post a Comment