In January, El Jefe and I joined a gym only 1 mile away from our house--that truly was the selling point for us. Now, it's a tiny little gym...which has it's positives and negatives. One positive is it is never crowded. On any given morning there are between 4-7 people working out.
{Yes, it is quite the large group.}
The downside is--because there is not a large group of people anything you do or say will be remembered for a very long time.
Naturally, because of this fact--I try not to do anything too embarrassing. And naturally, {look at the title of my blog people} shenanigans are bound to happen.
On Monday, El Jefe and I headed to the gym. I was quite excited about the music I had just uploaded to my I-Pod. I had put Kris Allen's "Live Like We're Dying", in the top spot--which is kind of ironic cause I was not his biggest fan on American Idol--but I have a great love for that song.
Anyway, I hopped up on that treadmill ready to work my little heart out--and pushed play on the I-pod. I was already working it by the time El Jefe got on the treadmill--and good old Kris was singing--"Gotta live like we're dying..."
{A quirk of mine (among many) is that I listen to my music extremely loud. I mostly do this to muffle the grunts from the muscle-men lifting weights. It also distracts me from quitting mid-stream--cause the whole time I'm thinking--man, my ears hurt--instead of--I think I stopped breathing 10 minutes ago.}
So, as El Jefe started up his treadmill--with my music blaring--I looked at him and whispered, "Live like we're dyin!"
El Jefe's eyes got real big--and he gave me the "Shhh" signal.
I took my earphone out and whispered, "What?"
He said, "You just yelled 'Live like we're dyin!' as loud as you could."
I informed him that I whispered.
He informed me that my whispering sounded a lot like yelling.
As I looked around, I started giggling--the lady next to us was not listening to music, another lady was reading her scripturesonly in Utah as she ellipticalized herself--again no music, and the dudes lifting weights were definitely not listening to music--but they were doing some awesome synchronized grunting.
{Yes, it is quite the large group.}
The downside is--because there is not a large group of people anything you do or say will be remembered for a very long time.
Naturally, because of this fact--I try not to do anything too embarrassing. And naturally, {look at the title of my blog people} shenanigans are bound to happen.
On Monday, El Jefe and I headed to the gym. I was quite excited about the music I had just uploaded to my I-Pod. I had put Kris Allen's "Live Like We're Dying", in the top spot--which is kind of ironic cause I was not his biggest fan on American Idol--but I have a great love for that song.
Anyway, I hopped up on that treadmill ready to work my little heart out--and pushed play on the I-pod. I was already working it by the time El Jefe got on the treadmill--and good old Kris was singing--"Gotta live like we're dying..."
{A quirk of mine (among many) is that I listen to my music extremely loud. I mostly do this to muffle the grunts from the muscle-men lifting weights. It also distracts me from quitting mid-stream--cause the whole time I'm thinking--man, my ears hurt--instead of--I think I stopped breathing 10 minutes ago.}
So, as El Jefe started up his treadmill--with my music blaring--I looked at him and whispered, "Live like we're dyin!"
El Jefe's eyes got real big--and he gave me the "Shhh" signal.
I took my earphone out and whispered, "What?"
He said, "You just yelled 'Live like we're dyin!' as loud as you could."
I informed him that I whispered.
He informed me that my whispering sounded a lot like yelling.
As I looked around, I started giggling--the lady next to us was not listening to music, another lady was reading her scriptures
That day, I discovered a few key things that I shall never forget. 1) No more whispering talking while music is playing in my ears. 2) It's really hard to run when you are giggle-snorting & blushing.
3) Ya gotta live like your dyin!
3) Ya gotta live like your dyin!
For your listening pleasure...
PS Got any favorite workout songs? I'd love to add em' to my collection...and I promise I won't try to sing them at the gym.
2 comments:
I feel your pain. I have a special whispering handicap. Music or not, I can't whisper. Jake told me not to shush the kids in church cause I'm louder than they are. And what is that lady trying to do, reading scriptures while working out? Get translated?
Sounds like your gym needs a little Kris pick-me-up anyways!
Post a Comment