Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Resolutions from a 12 Year Old Boy

Over the Christmas break, one of our family home evenings was dedicated to New Year's Resolutions.

My favorite goal came from Auz, in the education category. He said, "Get at least a 'B' in Language Arts and Math. (He currently has straight A's...and it's the end of the quarter. He really knows how to shoot for the stars.)

Coming in a close second, was Auz's goal in "Physical" where he wrote, "Only 2 hours of screen (TV) time." (I guess he figures the physical part comes when his fingers change the stations on the remote?)

Honorable mention was Auz's spiritual goal of "read the Book of Mormon in one year without skipping 2 Nephi"...which our family has been known to do...oh Isaiah!

So, what are your New Year's Resolutions?


(And more importantly, are we the only family who has ever skipped 2nd Nephi to expedite scripture reading?)

1 comment:

SJ said...

My bishop told me when I went in for my baptism interview that I could skip 2 Nephi 'till I was older...SO yes, our family has done that :)My resolution: Set monthly goals- I can't seem to stay on top of YEAR long goals.