Sunday, January 1, 2012

Year End Recap...According to Facebook

So much has happened over the past year...and I figured since I hadn't blogged in almost a year--the easiest way to catch up would be through my Facebook posts--cause I'm lazy like that. But, I promise I am going to attempt to keep at least one of my New Year's Resolutions..which is to start blogging again...ahem...hopefully. Don't I sound committed?

And if you don't feel like reading through the entire year of shenanigans...I'll sum it up real quick like...we had a baby...and he has changed our lives forever! Plus some other stuff...So fun!

January 2011
Happy New Year! Now it's time to dig out of that party pit...but I'll have to wait til my Cinderella mice wake up!
Back to a schedule...still deciding if I'm ready for one or not...
Thanks for all the sweet birthday wishes! It's been a great day! Lunch at Zupas with my favorite peeps (mom, sis, sis-in-law, and 3 cute nephews) and then to Tai-Pan! Good times...and the nephews were such good lil shoppers!
Okay...so my New Year's Resolutions usually start the day after my birthday...but there are 3 pieces of lemon meringue pie left from yesterday...so maybe the 13th? Besides...Christmas decor is still up--it doesn't even feel like a New Year...yet...
Mmmm Pei-Wei!
Every day of this fabulous 3 day weekend...I've automatically woken up at 630 AM...and then couldn't go back to sleep...what the?
After WEEKS of trying to fix my broken Ipod...trying every trick on the internets for resetting my lame Ipod Nano...I finally tried the reset idea for the video Ipod...which I didn't realize I had...until now...and of course, it worked! Now its fixed! Yay...But, Duh! (PS...who can even enjoy a movie on that tiny screen?)
After a very unfancy dinner of spaghetti tonight...Jordyn: "Mom you should get some recipes from Natalie...she's a really fancy cook...and they never eat the same thing all the time."
Me: "Hmmm...Maybe YOU should get some fancy recipes from her..." Seriously, I wonder if the darling girl knows how close to having cereal we were tonight?
Sinus headache and insomnia...they go hand in hand...grrrrr.
My twins got braces today...there goes my new kitchen table...
Why is it when Hubs gets up at 6 AM to take his turn driving the teenager to early morning seminary...the teenager wakes me up and asks where the brush is...they loudly chat in the kitchen like it's high noon...and they slam the door--twice...so that by the time they leave...I'm wide awake???
So fun watching the Alta swimmers today at region!
What the? Somebody hacked our I-tunes account and spent my kids $30 in giftcard monies! Big meanies!
So our Itunes acct got hacked this week by someone in Asia...who wanted our credit card info. Luckily- my hubs credit card info was stolen last month by someone in Kansas--so he had to get a new card reissued and we hadn't gotten around to updating our Itunes acct. Crazytown! PS-Change all of your passwords to something hard.
Been smiling all day! (Sweet Release=Sweet Relief!)

February

Groundhog declares an early spring...I'll believe it when I see it! (It was 6 degrees when I took Jordyn to early morning seminary today! BRRRR!)
Heading down to the OC this morn to see Ma and Pa...good times
Does anyone have a popcorn popper I could borrow?
Jordyn is swimming the 100 fly and the 500 free at state today...Go lil mermaid! Go!
Just finished washing Austin play in his last Jr Jazz game...his first season of playing b-ball. Picture it..a tied game...5 seconds on the clock...Auz steals the ball...dribbles down court...he shoots and scores the buzzer beater! Wahoo!!!
So fun having cute girlies over for Personal Pongress tonight! Those girls can ping...unfortunately, I was a bit rusty...and brought shame to my family.
When facing a mid-life crisis...some people buy a hot car...others may get a cute little purse-dog, or some may even go in for some nips, tucks and lifts...We decided to have a baby...and found out today ITS A BOY! Couldn't be more excited! Due July 31st!

March

I love it when my birthday falls on a weekend... because there's all the sleeping in, breakfast in bed, lazing around all day, etc...This morn is my hubs bday. He left at 6 AM to run 16 miles. Happy 40th you crazy man!
‎40 black and silver balloons stuck in the lawn for hubs birthday celebration + 1 windy month of March = a popped mess. (On the bright side--with all the wind-blown destruction--my hubs thinks he's 18 again).
Love me a lazy Sunday morning...just wish I could sleep in like everyone else in my fam...
I teach eight 4th graders in a small classroom for Language Arts...it can get very cramped and crowded when the desks get moved around. This morn one of my students announced quite loudly, "Mrs. H, I'm feeling constipated." I asked her if it was necessary to share that info with the entire class...she blushed and said, "I meant to say that I was feeling claustrophobic!"
Relaxing in Moab while my hubs runs the Moab 1/2 Marathon...run El Jefe run!
Just finished helping Savvy make 30 lip gloss samples for her lip gloss demo tomorrow--next time I'm talking her into demoing something easy...like how to tie a shoe...
Apparently I got a little carried away with the lunch packing this morning and walked around all day at school (unknowingly) with a huge glob of raspberry jam in the back of my hair...finally...at 12:30...one of my cute students asked me what it was. Now I'm wondering how many of my co-workers noticed and just pitied the crazy, jelly-haired lady?
Good times with my sis and our daughters at the YW meeting at the conference center!
I'm all out of tinfoil and duct tape--but at least Auz has an awesome homemade baseball hat...grrr...haha
Last time I had to buy maternity clothes--my choices involved a tent in sizes small, medium, or large...Now--so many darling things and lots of choices...but still...low rise maternity pants? Really?

April

Found the funniest thing at an awesome fabric store in Orem...a 108 inch zipper...when I asked the gal on charge what it was for..she had no clue. Any ideas?
Today at lunch a cute 4th grade girl asked me if I would open her milk...it was actually a pint of whipping cream...her mom must've been tired this morning when she packed her lunch! LOL
Anyone have a good recipe for granola? Or even a good place/brand to buy? Serious cravings over here!
In the second hour of spring break, my true love gave to me...2 kids with strep throat and a partridge in a pear tree...
Some children get to go to Hawaii or Florida for spring break...mine get to help with spring cleaning! I love my Cinderella mice!
Dropped my teenager and 12 year olds off at Dimple Dell this morn to swim their laps...found out when I picked them up that Channel 4 news had them take part in an underwater Easter Egg hunt...apparently all of the little kids who were supposed to show up...didn't. AND here I am with broken TV's! Curses!
Poor Auz is sick, sick, sick! Took him into the doc today. At one point our doc shined a light in his eyes and had him look up, left, right and down. Then she says, "Okay, now open wide." He opened his eyes sooo wide they bugged out." She said, "Wow! That was wide...but I meant your mouth." Still smiling at that one!
My hubs just got back from a 20 mile run this morn...and is now sitting out in the snow icing his legs...insanity!

May

Happy Mother's Day to all my favorite mamas!
Last night as I was making the batter for apple muffins...Auz said totally serious..."You're making muffins? Mom! You're like a pioneer!" Guess somebody buys Costco muffins a little too often?
Mmm...Cheesecake Factory..
Watching hubs run in the Ogden Marathon! Thank goodness the weather is cooperating! Run El Jefe run!
In true Hansen style...after waiting and watching and waiting and watching...we completely missed El Jefe's one shining moment of running by...due to a minor distraction...i.e..talking to the kids
‎4 out of 5 Hansen's like the name Jimmer for our new little fella...I need a cute boy name and fast! What's your fave boy name? Please! Help!
Mmmm...perfect Memorial Day...grilled chicken and mashed potatoes...now if only the weather would warm up! Brrrr!

June

Happy Sweet Sixteen to my darling daughter, Jordyn. Constant entertainment around our house with that cutie. Love you! PS You're making an old woman out of me...stop it!
Two hours of dr's appts this morning...and me without a book to read! Lame!
It's always nice to have a fast pass when faced with a HUGE line at the Social Security office...
Good times...Teenager got her license and a job as a lifeguard today...all before 11 am. Yay!
Dropped my cutie off at Trek this morn at 530 AM! All the kids looked so darling in their pioneer clothes...is it lame that I wish she could text me and tell me everything is okay?
Seemed like such a beautiful day for a swim meet...until about 20 minutes before it started...grrrr! (rain...thunder...lightning!)
Yay! The trekkies are home!
Love a good Reunion Day!
Happy Father's Day! We love you El Jefe!
My cute grandpa passed away today. I'm sure going to miss him. So thankful for the memories I think one of my favorites is how he kept track of all his kids, grandkids and great-grandkids on facebook.
My hands are numb...baby must be on a nerve? Probably my last one...haha
Curse you, Insomnia!
Wishing the nesting instinct would overtake the tired, no-energy instinct that this old preggo lady has....
Hmmmm....what are the odds that I make a quick trip to the grocery store...looking like a scary hag...and I don't run into anybody I know? I'm thinking slim to none?
What made me think that I could have dinner on the table by 330...(so hubs could eat an early dinner before his YM's activity)...when I rarely have it ready to go by 730 in the eve? haha

July

Nothing says "Let Freedom Ring" like painting a baby's bedroom...my big kids are feeling parade deprived...but we'll be hitting the REAL game and fireworks later tonight...*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ 4th of July weekend
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆
You know your getting HUGE when it takes 2 of your kids to pull you out of a lawn chair at a swim meet...
My kids have been late for their daily 7 AM swim practice for the past month. So I told them to set their alarms, or else! Poor Sav woke the house up at 540 this morn instead of 640--due to an alarm clock malfunction...silly girl
The curse of the basement bomb continues today...much to my 3 little slaves dismay...wake up lil darlings..wake up
During one of the few quiet moments of the day in primary...I sat down to the piano...and my big PG belly hit the piano keys! Of course, then our primary chorister and I got the giggles...such a good example of reverence!
Whoa! T-minus 2 weeks and counting! (Of course, I still have 2 weeks of stuff to do...but at least the crib is set up...)
A 1.5? Really? With 12 days to go...that's pretty much insulting!
First day all week that I can sleep in...and I've been awake since 6. For the love!
Shopping & packing for the 50 miler is way more work for the mama than the son...although I guess hiking the 50 miler will be way more work for him...come to think of it the shopping & packing is looking a lot better!
If I never walk into another Cabellas, REI, Sports Authority, Recreation Outlet or Big 5...it will be too soon. Bonus: My scouter and girls campers are packed and ready to go on Monday (and Tuesday)!
Just sent my cute scouter off on the 50 miler...hyperventilating a little bit! Told him he wasn't allowed to go near rivers..and if he wanted to skip rocks he'd have to stand 10 feet back from the shore...also gave him a few more crazy mother bear rules that had him and his dad laughing...overprotective much?
Good times at the Spanish Fork 24th parade this morn...perfect weather, great parade spot, fun family...and so many donuts we were giving them away!
It's Jimmer Eve...
Sheesh! Its never a good sign when you almost pass out when they put in the IV...and the real pain hasn't even started! Yikes!
Mmmmm....ice chips...
Epidural...serenity now...
Getting close.... jimmer warming up and stretching in the locker room - getting ready to make his entrance
We've been Jimmered! 8lbs. 9oz. Nicole's account has been hacked to update her status, but by a reliable source:) I know inquiring minds want to know.
He has finally arrived! Beckham Thomas Hansen...Born at 6:53 PM on July 27th. 8 pounds, 9 ounces, and 21 inches long. We feel so blessed to have him here! He did not come easy and caused a few very anxious moments tonight! Thanks so much to all our family and friends who have kept Nicole and "Jimmer" in their thoughts and prayers--as well as a huge thanks to Nic's Doctor and the wonderful staff at St. Marks. We feel so blessed right now, mom and baby doing well.

My goodness...after 10 hours of labor, a bunch of shenanigans...and an emergency c-section--cute little Beckham Thomas Hansen has made quite the dramatic entrance...but things couldn't be better now. Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers...
So wonderful to have all my kiddos home from camp and safe! So fun to watch the bonding moments between them and their new baby bro!
Just visited with Dr. Lamb (my OB who delivered Beckham)...he said with all of the wild and crazy shenanigans from Wednesday he forgot to tell us that Beckham was his 5000th delivery...WOW! (He actually delivered #4999 next door while they rushed me to the OR for the c-section...then delivered 2 more that evening after Beckham!)
Coming home today! Yay! (Oops...hope I didn't just jinx it?)

August

Oh my goodness! El Jefe and the kids are ALL giving baby Beckham his first sponge bath...I'm not sure if there's enough baby to go around...he will be one clean bambino!
Auz is such an overachiever...when he gets stung by a wasp...he doesn't just get stung once--but 5 times! That was one mean wasp! Poor kid!
Grrrr! My dishwasher is broken! So my kids are pretending we live in the 70's and washing the dishes the old-fashioned way...we'll see how long they enjoy the 70's before going on strike...
We had Beckham's one month birthday party today...complete with party hats, balloons and homemade pizza...this darling boy has captured all our hearts! PS when the kids asked if we celebrated THEIR one month birthday...the silence got a bit awkward...
Poor lil fussbudget...cried and cried and cried some more...my big kids were so worried about Beck that they all tried to help...finally he went to sleep...followed by my arm...and then my hand...zzzzzz
Yay! Savannah made her jr high volleyball team! Go Savvy!

September

I heart Rock Canyon Pharmacy...and their magical colic gripe water concoction...totally avoided the baby meltdown tonight!
Becks new favorite passy...probably because it's so true! LOL
Beckham's 1st Labor Day picnic was detoured by...Jordyn's 1st flat tire...which then became Beckham's 1st flat tire change...haha
Oh baby! Auz, my 12 year old, is officially the baby whisperer. I had to leave a very fussy Beck home with him while I carpooled his sis earlier tonight. When I got home--Beckham was asleep--and he has stayed asleep all evening.
Guess its time to pick up Beckham a Utah onesie...had to shred his BYU one last night...YIKES!
Loving this beautiful fall eve...just opened some windows to let some of this cool air in...crossing my fingers that Beck's 3 am feeding doesn't wake up the neighbors! (Savannah claims that having Beckham around is like having an alarm clock that always goes off).
My magical sister showed up at 830 this morn to help me with my sweet (but fussy) baby...so I could get some things done around the house before his blessing on Sunday. Beck fell asleep around 930 AM...and is still asleep at 4 pm (he has woke up 3 different times just to eat..but then right back to zzzzzzzz). I'd like to bottle my sister and sell her baby whispering tricks to others! haha
Blessed sweet Baby Beck today. He was so good! When I commented on what a little angel he had been at church...cute Savannah said, "Well, I fasted that Beckham would be good today...and it worked!" Love that girl!
Beckham loves a good morning walk...loved it so much he fell asleep right after I stopped to take his pic...lovin' this babe!
October
Cute Baby Beckham does not want to sleep today! Got Beck to sleep and laid him in his bed...woke up 10 minutes later...strike one. Got him to sleep again and put him in his swing...woke up 15 minutes later...strike two. Got him to sleep yet again...and put him in his vibrating bouncer seat...it's been 30 minutes...what am I doing wasting my precious time on FB?
Note to self: Never put a baby who hasn't pooped for 3 days in his swing. HOLY CRAP!
Happy Birthday to Savannah and Austin...13 years ago today our lives were blessed with double the pleasure, double the fun, and double the good times! Love those kids!
Elvis (our inside cat) went missing last night! Found him this morn in our window well! Silly cat--He finally escapes the confines of his house and his adventure consisted of falling in the window well of his own backyard.
It's a landmark occasion! Baby Beck slept 8 hours last night...feeling sooooo energetic this morn! Hallelujah!
Baby's on a "no sleeping" strike...and I'm pretty sure he wore all of us out today with his shenanigans!
Loving Fall break...just wish Beckham understood the fine art of sleeping in...hehe
Just got back from a quick trip to Idaho...Beckham slept for 8 hours last night and then slept the entire 3 1/2 hour drive home! Angel baby? Or is he an Idahoan at heart?
This morn as we visited grandma and grandpas Idaho ward a lady asked austin how old (12 week old) Beckham is...he said, "Umm 6 weeks?" She then commented on how big he was...too funny.
Best kids award goes to mine today! Had a headache all day..which turned into a migraine. After I picked up the kids from school, I asked them if they could watch Beck while I took a quick nap. Fell asleep for 2 hours! When I woke up--the house had been tidied and baby was happy! Love em'!
Beck's 3 month birthday is today...and in true Beckham fashion...he partied like a rockstar all night long...every two hours to be exact!
There is nothing like drinking a frosty cold diet coke with a little ice on top...fresh out of the outside fridge...yikes! must mean winter is on its way...

November

Last week, I had a dream that I forgot my baby brother's birthday (Nov 3)--and he was offended! All week long, I reminded myself that it was his birthday on Thursday. Three times on Thursday I even reminded myself to call him or text him...needless to say my dream from last week came true! I forgot to call my brother on his birthday. I'm just hoping my dream about being rich and famous comes true next...PS Happy Belated Birthday Bro!
Snow!
My cute neighbors had their awesome 97 lb pumpkin stolen off their porch...luckily they are all hi-techy and captured the punk on video...help catch the meanie...does he look familiar?
I need to start going to bed when the baby does...just never tired at 730 pm...but I'm always tired at 5 am when he's ready to play...
Busy, busy day full of shenanigans-Started it off with a dead battery and ended it by losing my cell phone in a pile of 60 shoes at the Alta Swim Team party. Sheesh!
‎10 hours last night!!!! That's how long Baby Beck slept...now I just need to move his bedtime from 5:30 to 7 or 8...
I think almost every girl on Alta's swim team just took a turn holding Baby Beck...he's quite the ladies man!
El Jefe tried to give Beck a bottle of formula while I was gone for a couple of hours this morn...Beckham pulled a face like he was being fed mud...and then he cried.
Fun girls night...painful movie...can't believe my first evening away from Beck--and I choose to watch lame, cheesy vampires. AND I really can't believe I've let my 16 year old see it twice! Can you say YIKES?
Attempted to make 25 of the most darling cake pops last night...baked and crumbled my cake, mixed in my frosting, formed the little balls, chilled em for a half hour, dipped them in chocolate, placed them on pretzels and decorated with candy corns to look like a turkey. After assembling my 5th one--I decided they looked like a kindergartner had made them and gave up...what's a holiday without a couple of shenanigans...Happy Thanksgiving! LOL
Turkey dinner with my family--then an all night shopping spree with my sis and daughter...doesn't get any better than that!
Took one look at the lines in Walmart last night at 11 pm...and we wimped out, came home and went to bed. Got up this morn at 430..started our shopping at 5...no crowds...and got everything on our list. Finished up around 8 AM...Good luck and good times!
Sav just asked if we were going to be home in time for Jordyn's psychiatrist appt...she meant physical therapy appt LOL.

December

Spent 3 hours tearing the house apart whilst I looked for my keys...found them just in time to pick up my kids carpool...only to discover I had a dead battery...Oh--and the same child who put my keys in a special 3 hour looking place was the same lil darling who left the interior light on all night...why I oughtta!
Confucious say: When raking leaves with your children...do not be tricked into being the leaf bag holder. It may require less effort than the leaf picker upper...but you will end up with leaves in places you never thought were possible..
Just the other day I commented on what a healthy baby Beck has been...no ear infections, colds, etc...curse you Murphy's Law...
Solve this equation: 7th Grade Science Experiments x 2 (twins) + fussy babes - (dad + jordyn...baby helpers) = ?
In celebration of the first day of Christmas break, I sang to my kids, "No more school! No more books! No more teacher's dirty looks!" Savvy looked at me in shock, "Mom! You're a teacher! Why would you say that?" Ummm...cause I'm funny like that? haha
Watching "Nestor the Christmas Donkey" with my twins...it's cute..but I can't believe they like this over "Santa Claus is Coming to Town"...now there's a true Christmas classic...
Making chicken enchiladas for my families Christmas Eve party...Ho Ho Ho!
Sometimes...when you are the baby brother of teenagers...they put you in a "Guitar Cofffin"...and then take your picture...
Heading home after a fun trip up to Idaho...good times with family... PS Beck has slept the last hour and a half of this road trip home-with an hour to go. Hope I didn't just jinx it!
Visiting my cute 95 year old Grandma...love her!
Beck just slept the whole 2.5 hour trip home from Idaho...talk about a Christmas miracle!
Prepping for our annual New Year's Eve family party...can't wait to see everyone...and El Jefe is prepping for the best balloon drop eva...good times.
Carmelitos? Check! Mini-cheesecakes? Check! Cafe Rio Pork in the crock? Check! Kitchen looks like a New Year's Eve bomb went off in it...triple check!

No comments: