Sunday, August 26, 2007

Kidspeak...

Lately my 8 yr old daughter, Savvy has been cracking me up with her kidspeak. Here's a couple of funny moments.

Savvy: (after blowing a bunch of dandelion seeds everywhere) "Mom, I keep making a wish on a dandelion and it never comes true."

Mom: "If that wish involves getting a puppy - think up a new wish."

Savvy Sadly: "Awwww Mom."


********************************************************************************

Savvy: (as we stand in line at the pet store getting ready to purchase her new beta fish) "Mom, I think I'm going to name my fish Marie."

Mom: "Where did you hear that name?"

Savvy: "You know mom - like 'aquamarie' - only I shortened it to Marie."

Mom: "Dearest - it's aquamarine - not aquamarie."
Savvy: "Ummm - I don't think Marine is a very good name for a fish - I'm sticking with Marie."

2 comments:

Jolene said...

That S cracks me up. She is hilarious! I am with you on the puppy. Don't give in! My kids are always asking - I tell them we can get a dog when we don't have kids - it's either dog or kids. I can either be a dog mom or a kid mom but not both. So I let them decide. So far they have wanted a kid mom.

One Sassy Mama said...

We are the same way. If I said that to my kids - they say - give us away and get a dog and we will visit you. They would way rather have a dog mom. Of course, then I'd say to them - but who will be my slaves? Dogs don't clean. Ahh-the love of a mother.