Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thing One and Thing Two

Thing One

On Tuesday, after work I headed downtown to do some Christmas shopping. On the side of the freeway, I noticed two thugs rough looking characters walking.

I found it curious that they were walking away from the nearest exit...and also away from a policeman who had pulled someone over just a 1/2 a mile up the road.

As I drove passed their abandoned car, I noticed that their turquoise bronco did not have a license plate...not even a paper one in the window.

Now, I'm no private detective {I only pretend to be one because I so enjoy watching them on TV}. But, even I figured out that these two thugs saw the cop ahead--then decided it would be less conspicuous for them to hop out of their cozy, bright turquoise, albeit stolen truck...and walk along the side of a busy freeway.

Silly Criminals.


Thing Two

After my private eye endeavor, I shopped and shopped till my poor little credit card couldn't take it anymore! {Just kidding, El Jefe}. I had great success with my shopping spree and was wrapping things pun intended up at the mall.

Just before I got out of the van I did a quick lipstick check. When what to my wandering eye should appear? But, a big, black smudge on the end of my nose.

How long I had been walking around like this I do not know. But, it was relatively hard to get off and I'm pretty sure it was dry erase marker from school.

So, class. I have a story problem for you.

"If Mrs. H has been wearing black marker on the end of her nose since 12:30 pm. And she goes to 6 stores in two hours during the busy Christmas shopping season. How many shoppers saw Mrs. H looking like a kook?"

4 comments:

Amanda in GA said...

Is this a trick question? Do the two criminals count? Cause you know they were shopping...for just the right car ;)

gotta go girl said...

Oh dontcha hate that? I once did a Pampered Chef party in Park City. On the way up I realized that I was starving so I stopped at Einsteins and got a bagel. This got me running late....then I got lost, etc. So I rushed into the home, did the whole show, drove home then when I went to brush my teeth noticed a poppy seed between each of my top front teeth - four in all mind you. AND NO ONE TOLD ME! I would have told you about your black nose my friend.

Jolene said...

What is up with the new car search? Maybe you can take a lesson from the thugs and just park purple pleasure on the side of the freeway.

I was going to say something smart-alecky about wearing your tennies to church - but I will refrain.

Pam said...

You crack me up stop it right now.