My sister Jilly and I went Christmas shopping today. As we were checking out, the cashier who--I kid you not--was missing a tooth, eating peanuts out of a Dixie cup, and licking the salt off her fingers--asked me if I was 55 or older {meaning--did I want the
senior citizen discount?}
What in the?
I have been asked if I was younger...but never 19 years older!
Did she think I was Jilly's mom?
Coach's grandma?
For pity's sake!
Jilly encouraged me to consider the source.
I have been considering the source all afternoon...and I'm about ready to go back and...
...who am I kidding I don't do confrontations...
...although I might if I were an
old, crotchety senior citizen
{sorry Grandpa!}.
Have you ever been falsely accused of being older? Younger?
senior citizen discount?}
What in the?
I have been asked if I was younger...but never 19 years older!
Did she think I was Jilly's mom?
Coach's grandma?
For pity's sake!
Jilly encouraged me to consider the source.
I have been considering the source all afternoon...and I'm about ready to go back and...
...who am I kidding I don't do confrontations...
...although I might if I were an
old, crotchety senior citizen
{sorry Grandpa!}.
Have you ever been falsely accused of being older? Younger?
8 comments:
Several times when I have been out and about with my sister, who is 6 years older than me, people have either asked or assumed that I am the older sister! - Really helps the self-esteem. My sister tries to reasure me that they only think this because I am bossing her around - yea that helps!
You certainly don't look 55!! That's crazy. I'm going to have to go with Jilly on this one--consider the source. And yes, I've had a similar bad experience--the Albertson's lady asking my if Allyson was my DAUGHTER!! Hello, we're 4 years apart!
By the way, in your old age, did you forget how to subtract? You're actually NINETEEN years younger than that!
Sheesh, maybe you are gettin' old!
No, but when I was pregnant with J I was accused of carrying twins by an old lady in my ward. Does that make you feel better?
Every WC when we are all together - I 'm just sure people are going to think that I am YOUR mom!
From my faithful blog-reading Grandpa...
Nic--I wanted to comment on your blog this morning but still don't know how. I don't know what I am doing wrong.
Here is my comment. Just remember that you get the ten percent off by being that old timer.
Love Gramps
Gramps,
you 100% don't look 55. Just to reassure you. Because, when Dr. Smith called me a 'medium-boned gal', who didn't look like skinny Jane's biological mother, I could see the humor, because I did consider the source, but still, when I told Jake, he could have acted more shocked and incredulous while he was laughing.
Could you go back to the store and take a sneaky cameraphone picture of the clerk for your blog. Cause that would be fun, I think.
Oh Nicole you must have been at Wal-Mart. My sister once had a toothless cashier that during the busy Christmas season had to stop and comment on every item that every person was buying! The lines were huge and she had NO CLUE!. Unfortunately for my sister, her son had asked for the children's game "Ants in your Pants" for Christmas. Well, as she was scanning the toothless wonder said loud enough for all to hear.... "Wow! This looks NASTY". Good grief. I look old enough to be your mother. I agree with Jilly.....consider the source. And tell me if I am right on what store you were at? I know, I know, I am a snotty profiler. But I do love those Wal-mart prices. A necessary evil you might say!
Natalie--I was actually at the Shopko down on 6400--it is pretty trashy...in more ways than one..hehe
Jen-yes I have forgotten how to subtract--but it isn't due to old age..just stupidity.hehe
Beeswax--I totally would go back and take a pic--but I have officially sworn off Shopko for the rest of my old age.
Jojo--now THAT would be a WC shenanigan for the books--you are too kind--and funny.
Post a Comment