Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Sunday Funnies

Last week, my sister, my niece, and I decided to do a little Christmas shopping together. Syd and I were looking at some clothes whilst my sis was checking out snow boots.

The women's clothing happened to be right across from fancy lingerie. So when Syd paraded over with a sexy santa negligee {still on the hanger} around her neck I wasn't too surprised...I mean they were there for the pickins.

"Aunt Nic," she said. "Don't you think this would make the cutest outfit with a long sleeve shirt underneath and some leggings?"

Knowing my prudish sister would be quite shocked, I laughed, "Yes. Why don't we go show your mom your cute outfit."

Syd continued to wear the ensemble with the hanger around her neck for about 5 minutes. {I'm pretty sure the store lady thought I was just awful...possibly drunk on too much egg nog.}

Apparently, the hanger around the neck became uncomfortable, so Syd took it off and started carrying it around on her arm.

All of a sudden she shouted, "Ooh, look at the fancy underwear!"

Yikes! The fancy underwear happened to be a pair of thong underwear embellished with a feather boa and sequins OUCH!.

Shocking my prudish sister, didn't seem so funny--once I became the prudish aunt.

"Syd! Hurry and hang that back up before your mom gets me in BIG trouble!" I said.

2 comments:

Mary said...

That is funny! - Wish I could have seen it!

Leslie said...

Happy Christmas Adam....