Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I-Tunes Shenanigans

Today Jordyn wanted to spend her I-Tunes gift card and needed my assistance with passwords, appropriate song choices and the like.

How it works in our household is Jay tells me what song she wants. If I haven't heard of the song, I google its lyrics to make sure it is not naughty. If appropriate, the downloading begins.

"Mom, check out the lyrics to Fiddledeedee," Jay said.

I started to google Fiddledeedee and she said, "No. Not fiddledeedee. Fiddle-idee."

I decided it would be easier to look it up by the artist, Regina Specktor.

Turns out the song title was actually "Fidelity".


{Obviously, Jay didn't make it into the finals of her spelling bee. (she gave me permission to make that joke by the way).}

During the song selection, Jay decided to download a couple of Taylor Swift videos. I told her she should download the video of "You Belong with Me".

"Mom, that video doesn't exist," she said.

"Yes, it does. I saw it! It is so cute," I said, and then proceeded to look it up on Youtube.

"Mom, where did you see the video?" she asked.

"I don't know. But, it was really cute. Taylor is dressed up like a nerd--with big nerdy glasses and a geeky outfit..." I said.

Jay interrupted, "And is there another twin Taylor dressed up all cute and sassy?"

"Yes! Did you see it too?" I asked.

"Yah mom--in the CD booklet there is that exact picture--it is NOT a video!" Jay replied.

She was right.

Apparently, the old adage is true--A picture is worth a thousand words.

1 comment:

Pam said...

That's cute. She may not know how to spell it or even know what it means but she does know good music when she hears it.
I heart Regina Spektor!
You are good to check out the lyrics I guess I should be doing that with Chase. I listen to it but that doesn't always mean they have great words or meaning for that matter. You are the better Mom :)