I'm blogging from my ma's and pa's computer in the OC of UT. We decided to take a last minute trip down to my parents house on New Year's Day and are headed back today.
It has been so nice to kick back and relax after the busy holiday season. My mommy has been taking care of me in my sickened state--just like old times--probably times she would just as soon as forget--but what was she to do?
To combat my maladies she gave me the most disgusting cough drops known to mankind (Fisherman's Friend)--but they really do work! She's made sure that a diet coke hasn't left my hand since I walked in the door. And just last night she gave me the nastiest concoction of Theraflu I have ever tasted...but it too worked like a dream.
We've visited, played board games, lots of Guitar Hero (I am so addicted to that game it is like a drug!), watched great movies (whilst the men football it up on the other telly), and ate mucho fab appetizers and food.
Of course, what is a trip to the OC without a shenanigan or two?
Yesterday, at the insistence of my children, my dear ole dad pulled the kids around on a sled behind his four wheeler.
He does this in the pasture behind his house...which works great when there is a good amount of snow. But it becomes more of a mud fest if the snow has melted off a bit..which it had.
Oh, and did I mention that his horses and dogs hang out back here too?
Needless to say, I threw everyone's snow clothes into the washer yesterday because some of that mud did NOT smell like mud. The joys of country living.
Then last night, the power went off for an hour...during the biggest college bowl game of the year...The Sugar Bowl! All of our men were in the height of their glory watching the U beat the pants off of Alabama.
{Yes, we are BYU fans...but we are not so dyed in the wool blue that we won't cheer for a Mountain West big bowl game contender every now and then.}
El Jefe, my brother Ange, and my dad were forced to listen to the game on the radio in the van...and even made a drink run to Harts for some Big Chills.
During the power outage, the kids had the best time playing haunted hide and go seek in the basement..and I'm talking pitch black dark basement.
I'm much too big of a wimp to engage in such things...so mom and I played Rummikub by lantern light.
All in all its been a chillaxin and relaxin weekend..and we'll be headed back to real life this afternoon {and a house full of Christmas decor that still needs to be put away--yes..it is still up did you expect any less from me? It's times like this that I wish I were more like my sister--her Christmas came down on the 26th just like clockwork.}
2 comments:
My Christmas is still up and burning bright!! I always wait for the kids to go back to school.
Guitar hero? A little addicted myself! I finished my career on easy and I am almost done on medium. Devon got it for Christmas but he says that I hog it. Whatever.
I hope you are feeling better. I'm glad you had your mom taking care of you. My sickness lasted three weeks - probably because I didn't have time to relax and there was no one to take care of me. (done whining now)
So, I'm on pins and needles waiting to hear about your new van... Did you get it? Is purple pleasure replaced by some slick, silver something?
Sounds like a fun time for everyone in The OC - I'm with you on being a True BYU fan but BYU fans are nice enough to want the U to do well when they are not playing BYU!
Thanks for your help today - Get better soon so you can take me for a ride in your new car!
Post a Comment