Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Sunday Funnies

Last night, {about 9 pm} I took Savvy and Aussie to Walmart to pick up a few groceries and a couple of prizes yes, I shamelessly bribed my children to participate in a swim meet.

The kids ended up picking out "Spongebob Legos" and were quite thrilled with their picks.

Once the Legos were bagged, Savvy and Aussie took their sacks and went to sit on a bench (a couple of check outs away) whilst they waited for me.

As I paid at the checkout, I noticed the kids talking to a boy about their age. When I finished, I motioned for them to come hither.

"Who were you talking too?" I asked them.

"Oh. That boy was admiring our Lego sets," Aussie answered. "He thought they were really cool."

Savvy added, "Yeah. Then he asked if we had parents."

Guess he thought they were a couple of independently, wealthy orphans...
...out on a shopping spree.

2 comments:

gotta go girl said...

That is so funny! I can just picture the envious little stinker who was waiting to swoop down upon their toys if they were "parentless".

Heather said...

That is funny! Who knows what goes on in the brains of little people?? Ok, you better be getting your next post ready! I love to hear about your shenanigans, always makes me smile! :)