Wednesday, April 1, 2009

An April Fool's Shenanigans

This morning, El Jefe woke us all up when he yelled, "Oh man! There's 6 inches of snow outside!"

The kids all yelled (tiredly),
"April Fools!"

We got ready for school and headed out the door--and it started snowing. The kids decided dad's
April Fools joke
had come true.

It snowed.

And snowed.

And snowed.

They even cancelled morning recess! It looked like
El Jefe's joke
really was going to happen.

On the off chance that April Fools' jokes really do come true...I texted each of my family members that I had won 10 million dollars and I was giving them each $100,000.

{Pretty generous if you ask me. Keeping my fingers crossed that this one comes to fruition.}

In other news, when my Language Arts kids came into class this morning, I handed them each a blank sheet of paper for their spelling pre-test. I began giving their test to them in the language of Ob.

Are you familiar with Ob? I learned it with my BFF in college.

{Picture it: two bored college girls singing church hymns in Ob...over a long holiday weekend. Some girls would've taken this opportunity to go binge drinking--Mel and I chose to better ourselves and learn a foreign language.}

Anyway, they used to do it on PBS's Zoom--AND it happens to be the only foreign language I'm fluent in.

Let the fooling begin:

"Nobumober Obone: Cobastoble," I said.

"Mrs. H! We don't know what your saying!" they yelled.

"Nobumober Tobwo: Knobowlobedge," I said.

"C'mon, Mrs.H," some shouted.

One of my students started listening very intently--and began translating the words for the kids. He's got a future in languages. It was pretty funny.

About half way through the test, my tongue started getting tired from all that fancy talking--and I said April Fools--and started talking in English.

Talk about some good April Foolin' times.

So who are you foolin' today?

{Haven't heard about the secret language of ob?
Watch and learn}


2 comments:

gotta go girl said...

So funny! I never learned it. I remember hearing it on ZOOM though. I'll bet the kids thought you were pretty cool today!

Jolene said...

I have heard you speak the ob - it is pretty impressive.

I stood outside in that snow forever on Wednesday - not so impressive.