Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Faith, Scouts, and Clumpy Weeds


A few days ago, Auzy and I decided to work on some scouting requirements.

{Before you get all impressed..please realize that I am very lazy when it comes to things of a scouting nature...and since we are approaching the point of no return on the Webelos badge...I decided I'd better do SOMETHING. It's called panic mode, people.}

Anyway, we were working on the faith character connection requirement. It says, "Tell what you've learned about faith."

I asked Auzy, "So, what have you learned about faith?"

His answer started off faithfully simplistic...and ended like only a 10 year old boy could manage.

"I've learned that faith is like a little seed that needs nourishing treatment," Auzy said. "And if you nourish it your faith will grow. But, if you don't nourish it--it will grow into a clumpy weed."

2 comments:

Mary said...

Love this story - that Auzy is pretty funny!

gotta go girl said...

As his Webelos leader, I am impressed! Funny boy! Keep it up girl!