Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Geneology...we're not doing it

Last week, Auzy came home and wanted me to google our family tree.

"We don't need to google it," I said. "I have it in a file right here."

Of course, then I remembered that El Jefe had reorganized all of our files..and I had no idea where he had filed it.

All afternoon and evening, Auzy begged me, "Please find our family tree, please-oh-please."

"Auzy," I asked. "Why all of a sudden are you interested in our family tree?"

"Because lately everyone has been talking about all the famous people they are related to..and I wanna know what famous people I am related to," he said.

"I can tell you right now we aren't related to anyone famous," I said.

"Oh great," he said, very sadly.

Then I asked him what famous people his friends were related to.

"Well Cardon's uncle started the Creamies ice cream company and Connor's great-great-great (someone) killed Abraham Lincoln," he said.

"Sheesh, you don't want to be related to a murderer do you?" I asked.

"Sure," he said. "If it meant I'd be related to someone famous."

"Auz. I think you are going to have to step up and be the famous one in our family," I told him.

"How about if I become a famous comic strip artist?" he asked.

Works for me.

{Especially if it doesn't involve a life sentence.}

No comments: