Wednesday, July 11, 2007

When will it ever end?

I flooded my house almost 3 weeks ago and I am beginning to think the remodeling will never end! I can't complain to my DH because he only reminds me why we are remodeling in the first place - which is totally because of me (curses).

But honestly - I thought we'd be all cleaned up and ready to go by week 3. I even told my sister as much - she is supposed to be staying with us and I figured by week 3 we'd be done. I guess I didn't account for the week of the 4th having absolutely no one available for the entire week. I think we should all go into the flood repair business because you get to take an entire week off for a one day holiday.

I suppose the week isn't over yet. So there is still a chance we could be finished - but I highly doubt it. I don't know how much we are paying for the drywall guy - but he said it would take him 3 days to patch up the mess. Yesterday morning he was here for about 2 hours - which considering the mess I thought he was pretty quick. This morning - only 30 minutes. I realize things need to dry - but good grief - I'm willing to blow dry the section he fixed to get it to dry faster and speed these steps up.

We also still have the matter of getting the carpet pads replaced in all of the rooms we had blowers on - and getting the carpet stretched and tacked down - and then cleaned. I'm thinking that's got to take at least 2 days.

If there can be anything good that comes out of this - DH was finally inspired to paint our bedroom. I had wanted to do it a long time ago - but we had way to much furniture in there to make it feasible. So last Wednesday we painted my room "Rejuvenated" which is just a fancy way of saying sage green.

Also - another bonus is yesterday my lovely new carpet was installed in my bedroom and closet. It is soo much softer - and a little darker. So now my bedroom furniture stands out a little more and it made my walls pop.

Yesterday, after the carpet had been installed and we had moved our furniture back into the bedroom. DH said - "I can't believe I'm about to say this - but I'm glad you flooded our house." It's true - I never thought I'd hear those words come out of his mouth. But I have to admit our room does look a lot better. What shall I flood next? hehe

No comments: