Are you a warner? By this I mean - if you see a cop parked at the bottom of a hill that you are headed up, do you flash your lights at oncoming traffic to "warn" them?
I do. I also do it if I see a speedtrap on the freeway. I just chalk it up to my good works for the day. I'm a law abiding citizen. I'm not a speeder. If we are in a hurry to get somewhere, nobody wants to let me drive (especially my mom - talk about a speeder). So I guess that's why I don't appreciate the speed traps off the bottom of a hill - I mean who isn't going to be going a little faster than usual when your coming off a hill?
Now, I'm not a purist in my cop warnings. You get me on the freeway with someone who flies recklessly past me - and I have been known to say (wish) "They deserve a ticket." I actually rejoice in others sorrows as I drive past that fast car getting a ticket.
The way I see it--is a cop waiting at the bottom of the hill is just filling a quota for the day. It's a cheap shot--gimme ticket--and I don't think it's fair (unless that person is going recklessly fast - in which case my flashing lights still wouldn't give them time to slow down and they should get their just desserts).
2 comments:
I have never warned anyone - but I wish I was driving opposite you and you could warn me. Did you know that I got a ticket in May for going 51 in a 45? Is that retarded or what? It was right on Guadalupe between Crismon and Ellsworth and the stupid motorcycle cop was on the sidewalk behind a tree. I still get so mad when I think about it. The worst part is that I had the kindergarten car pool with me. You know the Muehlies had fun with that.
Jo - I would warn you even if you were flying recklessly past me at 51 mph! Man - that really is a joke! What a cheapshot ticket.
Post a Comment