Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Eight Months and Thirteen Years...

The month of August appeared to go off without a cursed, unlucky hitch. I say appeared - because my van has been leaking pink/red stuff for a few weeks. When DH asked me what the pinkish/reddish stuff was on the garage floor - I told him I thought one of the kids had dropped their red popsicle (right in the very spot that I park my van). Those darn kids!

After I slipped and nearly killed myself (and lost 4 fresh pumpkin choc chip cookies in the melee), DH decided to spray out the garage and get rid of the popsicle spot (which was actually pretty slippery for sticky popsicle). A couple of days later, wouldn't you know it - those darn kids had melted another popsicle in the exact same spot. Only now it's looking more like a van issue--and less like a messy kid issue.

I'm no rocket scientist - but something tells me this slippery pinkish/red substance has something to do with my newly installed 24 kt gold lined transmission - since there wasn't a slippery red problem before. Now, technically, I will be getting this problem fixed in September. But I am telling you, if this ends up costing me any sort of money - I'm counting it as bad luck for August. I mean, once you've got a trend going - you really hate to break it. Right?

2 comments:

Jolene said...

I love that old purple has a 14k gold transmission!! I actually read this post of yours at 11:00 last night but I was too tired to comment. Then last night I had a dream about your leaky car. I have been listening to Twilight and now New Moon on CD in my car - and I had a dream that we were driving old purple home from some famous Utah place and all kinds of vampires were following us because they could smell the blood leaking from your car. We were trying to outrun them and I just kept thinking "I knew I should have driven my suburban!!"

Pam said...

You two make me laugh so much with your blogs and comments to each other. I know I am kind of a voyer just reading all the time without a comment most of the time but just know that I am out there giggling from the drama of your lives because it makes me realize I am not the only crazy one in this world. I think that is why we are such great friends...because who else could laugh at each others tumbles and spills and daily dramas and still love each other so much.