Picking a shenanigan to blog about is usually not a struggle - considering the many I'm faced with on a day to day basis (and sometimes minute to minute). But, today it is difficult for me to focus on the fluff in my life - when my heart is breaking for my dear cousin's recent loss of her baby.
In June, I blogged about what a great example my cousin and her husband had been to our family. Over the past four months - with their newborn baby in the PICU- they have continued to inspire us on a daily basis. They have been truly amazing in their faith and devotion their darling baby, Luke.
Being a part of Luke's life has strengthened my testimony so much - it's amazing what power a sweet little baby can inspire. Before Luke was even born - his life looked bleak. The dr's knew from ultrasounds that he was suffering from a chromosome deletion - and that there most definitely would be heart problems - but that there also could be a myriad of issues. Many prayers were offered in his behalf. He was born in June - a robust little cutie - the biggest and healthiest looking baby in the NICU. And he proved to me what a little faith and prayer can do.
Although he was born with some major heart issues - he survived his heart surgery like a champ. Then came the ups and downs throughout his recovery. He'd have a good week only to have a bad week. On life support one week, and then on mild oxygen the next. Again, many prayers of faith were offered for Luke. And again he proved to me what a little faith and prayer can do.
In September, we almost lost him. The dr's thought he wouldn't make it through the night. Many, many prayers of faith were offered - he was spared. And again he proved to me what a little faith and prayer can do.
Luke was progressing with such leaps and bounds that there was serious talk of moving him out of the ICU this past week -- truly a miracle. They put that on hold due to a fever. Prayers of faith again were offered for him. On Friday, his mama got to feed him a bottle for the first time. And again he proved to me what a little faith and prayer can do.
Saturday, Luke went into cardiac arrest. Prayers of faith were offered on his behalf from many. But this time we had follow the will of the Lord - and know that Luke's completed his job here on earth. He's perfect. He's living with Heavenly Father. And he's happy! I have faith that our prayers will bring comfort to Luke's family at this time - and once again Luke is proving to us what a little faith and prayer can do. He has blessed our lives and we will never forget him.
1 comment:
I know I already talked to you on the phone about this but I just want you to have some more comments. The funeral is tomorrow? I wish I was closer so I could bring you a route 44 right now. Those were the good old days when one of us was feeling blue and a diet coke would appear on the door step. Have a safe trip.
Post a Comment