Friday, October 12, 2007

Birthday Party Memo to Self...

When planning a birthday party for twin 9 year olds:
Remember to do it on two separate days (a year from now I'm sure I will have forgotten this tidbit). But try to remember that 9 year old girls and boys may be different sexes but the one thing they have in common is they are NOISY! WILD! and RAMBUNCTIOUS! each in their own special way.

When planning a birthday party for twin 9 year olds:
Don't assume that everyone will want to just skate at the roller rink - budget in the bounce zone.

When planning a birthday party for twin 9 year olds:
When one of the boys goes missing (for 10 or 15 minutes) don't freak out and think he's been kidnapped by one of those hoodlum jr high kids. Realize that after pizza, cupcakes and a capri sun - he's probably in the bathroom taking care of some unfinished business.
Nicole, after racing around the skate rink - freaking out about losing her neighbor boy says: "Isaac - have you seen Adam anywhere?"
Isaac: "He's been pooping for like 20 minutes!"

When planning a birthday party for twin 9 year olds:
Remember that treat bags are a necessity. Put it at the top of your list - or be prepared for mutiny - forgetting is not an acceptable excuse.

Finally, when planning a birthday party for twin 9 year olds:
Make sure you have plenty of diet coke & a secret migraine combination of drugs.

2 comments:

Jolene said...

You are such a nice mom - I make my kids have a party every other year - on their odd birthdays. Except the twins - C is odd and D is even - I learned my lesson at #9. I had seperate partys on the SAME DAY!! One in the early afternoon and one in the late afternoon. That was insane.

Pam said...

I adopted Jolene's every other year idea and it has been wonderful. The best part is that so far I have only one party a year because Chase and Kiana are 12(even) and 9(odd). I will have to figure out McKenna in that sincerio when I start parties for her(which unfortunately will probably be this next year).
Nic, you really are a good mom.