Monday, January 28, 2008

President Hinckley's Legacy

President Hinckley passed away last night around 7 p.m. He was 97 years old. His death didn't come as a big surprise to me. But, I'm still sad--I miss him already. We'll never have another prophet like President Hinckley. He was unique, personable, witty, darling, and fabulous with public relations. He had such a strong testimony of the gospel that you could feel it just by looking into his eyes. Every time I heard him speak, he brought tears to my eyes with his testimony and knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

As I watched the local news run the many reels of film on his life, it was evident that not only had he brought his testimony to the LDS faithful - but he had also brought it to the world. His positive interactions with people not of the Mormon faith (political figures, news reporters, etc.) have created a wonderful legacy for us.

I'll remember him for the twinkle he always seemed to have in his eye, his great example and his love of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I'll also remember him for his fun personality, his testimony, his love and drive for building temples, & his start of the perpetual education fund. I'm grateful he's been reunited at last with his dear wife--but I'm still going to miss him. Well done thou good and faithful servant, well done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a good way to put it, I'm sure there was a wonderful, happy, huge reunion in heaven last night.