Last Sunday, during dinner Jay asked if our trip to Hawaii was like our second honeymoon. Umm sure, I answered. Jay went on to say that for her honeymoon she was going on a Disney Cruise. Aussie piped up with his honeymoon being New York. Savvy finished it off with her dream honeymoon being to the "Triangle Square". Jay said, "Do you mean the Bermuda Triangle?"
When we arrived to Kauai, we took a taxi to our hotel. Our driver was in a mumu--but that was as authentically Hawaiin as she got-she was a New Yorker all the way. Every time her cell phone rang she answered (insert your best NY accent here), "Aloha! Sue's taxi!" It was hilarious-she reminded me of the secret agent old lady monster on Monsters Inc.
Today DH and I went on a scenic bike tour of Hawaii's "Grand Canyon". As we drove to our high on a mountaintop destination, our tour guide gave us his schpeal about the area--including the fact that the area we were to be visiting was the driest area on the island--typically only receiving 15 inches of rain per year. When we reached our scenic viewpoint--the magical canyon was smothered in a dense fog. By the time we put our helmets on and started down the mountain--it was raining. Before we had even reached the halfway point of our 13 mile trek--I guarantee I had 15 inches of water just in the bottom of my shoe.
3 comments:
I can't believe you are blogging from your 2nd Honeymoon!! hee hee Or that you took time for a bike ride!
I haven't gotten to put up my I Love My Friends post yet. I am still trying to scrounge up some pictures. Be afraid - be very afraid.
I hope you guys are having a great time- aren't those bike helmets they make you wear huge? Sorry about the rain- I guess it's what makes everything so pretty there right?
Hi Nicole
I found your blog from Jolene's- I wonder if you remember me from SR1. You used to come laminate at my house. Ask Jolene for my last name in a private email. I will have to ask her where you live now.
It's fun to 'bump' into you again.
Post a Comment