Last week, Savvy and Aussie made it into their school's spelling bee. They only take the top two kids from each class--so we were all pretty excited.
On the day of the class spell-off, Petal stopped by my house to drop something off--and she told me the sweetest story.
Apparently, when her son, Ike {who happens to be in Savvy's and Aussie's school class}, got home from school--he came in the house real excited like and said, "Mom! Guess who made it into the spelling bee!?!"
Petal, assuming it was Ike, said, "Oh! Good for you! I'm so proud of you!"
Ike said, "No, mom! Not me! Savvy and Aussie both made it! Isn't that so cool?"
*******************************************************************
Later that week, the twins participated in the school spelling bee. They competed against the 16 top spellers in the 3rd and 4th grades. Savvy took 2nd place--getting out on "cognitive" (she said tave instead of tive). Austin came in 5th getting out on a technicality--he said "h-i-s-t-o-r-i-c-l -- I mean a-l."
Again we were all pretty excited with their success.
But, the sweetest thing happened again!
After school, as I was carpooling the kids to swim team, one of our cute 3rd grade neighbors, Emily, flagged us down in the middle of the road.
We pulled over and she gave the twins two little brownies with a note attached that said, "You did great in the Spelling Bee. I hope you enjoy this snack. Love, Emily."
I truly heart good friends!
On the day of the class spell-off, Petal stopped by my house to drop something off--and she told me the sweetest story.
Apparently, when her son, Ike {who happens to be in Savvy's and Aussie's school class}, got home from school--he came in the house real excited like and said, "Mom! Guess who made it into the spelling bee!?!"
Petal, assuming it was Ike, said, "Oh! Good for you! I'm so proud of you!"
Ike said, "No, mom! Not me! Savvy and Aussie both made it! Isn't that so cool?"
*******************************************************************
Later that week, the twins participated in the school spelling bee. They competed against the 16 top spellers in the 3rd and 4th grades. Savvy took 2nd place--getting out on "cognitive" (she said tave instead of tive). Austin came in 5th getting out on a technicality--he said "h-i-s-t-o-r-i-c-l -- I mean a-l."
Again we were all pretty excited with their success.
But, the sweetest thing happened again!
After school, as I was carpooling the kids to swim team, one of our cute 3rd grade neighbors, Emily, flagged us down in the middle of the road.
We pulled over and she gave the twins two little brownies with a note attached that said, "You did great in the Spelling Bee. I hope you enjoy this snack. Love, Emily."
I truly heart good friends!
5 comments:
Wow!! You have smart kids! I always was the first one out in the class section of the spelling bee! Congrats to them!
Congrats to your kidos - And what sweet stories of good friends.
Darling! And Congrats to the twins! Looks like they got what we call in our family "the spelling gene" which will take them far in life. Neither of "Phase I" got it. So we went outside the gene pool (hee hee!) Jury is still out on Phase II but it is not looking good. I actually have the spelling gene but Jim does not.
Way to go Savvy and Aussie!!! So proud of you!
Great job kiddos. Spelling Bees are hard...apparantly not at your house though :)
I personnally know all about good friends. You know I know! They truely are the best!!!! Wink Wink
Post a Comment