On Friday, Jordyn babysat for her old Beehive advisor. She was pretty excited because she has darling kids and it was the first time she had asked.
She had swim team that night so I dropped her off at her babysitting job on the way home.
After Jordyn gets the kids in bed, she likes to either do homework or read or something. So, I told her to call me after the kids were sleeping and I'd bring her something to do.
About 9 pm, she called and was ready for a book to read. I grabbed one and headed over. I told her to watch for me because I was too lazy to get out of the car--plus I was barefoot.
I pulled up and she came out. She grabbed the book and then said she thought she heard a weird beeping and ran back inside.
I had driven about a block away when she called.
She was frantic.
"Mom! Come back! The alarm is going off and I don't know what to do!" she yelled.
It was difficult to hear her because that alarm was LOUD!
"Call Cynthia!" I said.
"What?" she asked.
"Call Cynthia!" I yelled.
"Mom! She's in the middle of a movie. Just come here and turn it off!" she yelled.
"You HAVE to call Cynthia and get the code! I'll be there in a second."
We hung up, I flipped around in the middle of the road and headed back.
As I jumped out of the van, I could hear the alarm from the driveway. I ran barefoot to the door but it was locked.
I could hear Jordyn on the phone--she got the code and turned off the alarm. I ran back to my van and waited for her phone call.
She called and said all was well.
As for the miracle?
Her three kids slept
through it all!
2 comments:
Kids amaze me at what they can sleep through. Our fire alarm went off one night (malfunctioning) Leon jumped out of bed ran downstairs, grabbed Ry and Daws under each arm and ran outside - neither one of them woke up until they were laying on the grass outside! Crazy.
She's lucky the kids didn't wake up all that work getting them to bed would have been wasted (and isn't that the hardest part of the night) and worse no book reading time. That is pretty funny though. I can see the panic right now. Good thing you were handy barefoot and all :)
Post a Comment