We had tons of rain last month and my neighbor across the street emailed me this cool picture of my house with the message, "Looks like your house is at the end of the rainbow".
I emailed her back and said we were still looking for that pot of gold.
On most days, I really do feel like the end of the rainbow does end in my backyard...{except those times when it looks like a bomb went off inside my house...on those days its more like a tornado warning.}
Now, I'm not saying we live in a mansion...because trust me we have some serious fancies in our neighborhood...we're definitely not one of them. But, our house is perfect for our needs {although the AC and laundry room do leave something to be desired}.
Come this 24th of July weekend we will have lived in our house for four years.
And I've decided four years is a long time to live with boring tan walls. I am sick of it. I need a change! A sprucing up.
So, sometime over the next couple of weeks I am planning on painting a wall in my family room and my kitchen {hopefully El Jefe will be on board}.
This is where the giveaway comes into play...my dear cuz, Jenny, suggested in her last comment that I do a chalkboard giveaway. I thought it was a great idea.
All you have to do to enter to win a chalkboard is tell me YOUR all-time-favorite-never-fail paint color {brand and name of the paint color}.
So, come on! Even if you've never commented before--I'd love to hear your favorite paint color.
*The drawing will take place Tuesday, July 28th at high noon.
I emailed her back and said we were still looking for that pot of gold.
On most days, I really do feel like the end of the rainbow does end in my backyard...{except those times when it looks like a bomb went off inside my house...on those days its more like a tornado warning.}
Now, I'm not saying we live in a mansion...because trust me we have some serious fancies in our neighborhood...we're definitely not one of them. But, our house is perfect for our needs {although the AC and laundry room do leave something to be desired}.
Come this 24th of July weekend we will have lived in our house for four years.
And I've decided four years is a long time to live with boring tan walls. I am sick of it. I need a change! A sprucing up.
So, sometime over the next couple of weeks I am planning on painting a wall in my family room and my kitchen {hopefully El Jefe will be on board}.
This is where the giveaway comes into play...my dear cuz, Jenny, suggested in her last comment that I do a chalkboard giveaway. I thought it was a great idea.
All you have to do to enter to win a chalkboard is tell me YOUR all-time-favorite-never-fail paint color {brand and name of the paint color}.
So, come on! Even if you've never commented before--I'd love to hear your favorite paint color.
*The drawing will take place Tuesday, July 28th at high noon.
11 comments:
Look at you getting all fancy-blogger with giveaways! :) Awesome!
In AR, we painted our bedroom Cabin Red (by Eddie Bauer paints). I loved it!!
Here I am entering!!! - but just in case I win, can I choose which chalkboard plate I want!
Favorite Paint: Kowell-Howells (spelling??) color: Tatershell brown
Sure Mare...I'll post the selection of Chalkboards to choose from tomorrow.
Our kitchen and dining room are painted Sherwin Williams "Cornbread" and then I mixed glaze with the SW "Honey" over the top of the first coat in the dining room. I love having food colored paint in my kitchen.
I really want to paint my bedroom so when you decide what color to paint in your house, be sure to let me know so I can copy your fanciness.
I don't know the official name or brand, but I do know the right answer--dirty butter!!!!! You know you love it!
(Ask Al for specifics, I love her paint.)
I also quite like the green in your room!
Hooray for giveaways!!! Pick me!
FER FUN! Well, we are Kwall-Howells fans around here. Jim refuses to use any other. Personally I painted the family room wall a few months ago to match the sort of expensive rug I bought first.----I am all about choosing the paint to match the stuff since oftentimes "the stuff" is more than the paint. So, I will need to analyze your home in great detail to decide. (hee hee). Now, if it helps me to win a chalkboard I do own the Kwall-Howells coveted paint book - a $20 value - yours to borrow for FREE.
Are you painting to cover up the chalkboard over-spray incident?? (Jeb)
All my walls are beige. I like beige. I think they are called khaki.
My kids like to kick the paint off the walls, or write on them occasionally, and walk on them almost exclusively, so I like to only cart out one can of paint when it is time to do touch ups.
So no help from me.
I totally understand if I am disqualified from the contest. sniff.
Nic- here is the answer to all your problems:
Dirty butter in my house is called tobacco road- by Kwal. It's in my whole house except for 3 bedrooms. I'm not tired of it, it's neutral enough to go with anything and still gives some umpf to life.
Indigo vislet by Kwal is the funnest blue ever- it's in Joshy's room, bright, fun, not too overpowering and cheery.
Good luck with the painting, and the convincing of El Jeffe!
Hey, I would like to vote for willow wind! My sister-in-law has it in her house if you would like to see it. It is a beautiful shade of green! This is my first time...commenting...sure hope I win!
Post a Comment