Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Chaperoning Crisis Averted, Like Totally

Last week, El Jefe decided it would be quite hilarious to tell our eldest daughter that we were to be chaperones at the upcoming tri-stake dance.

She was beyond mortified.

She wanted to die.

She thought her life would end
.

It was all very dramatic.

Then, El Jefe broke out his sweet 80's dance moves...and I think her heart stopped for just a second.

"Dad! You can't be serious! Chaperones do not dance at dances!" she screamed.

Finally, Savvy said, "Jordyn...I can't believe you believe dad. He's smiling. It's not true."

It was a fun little trick...that I assumed she knew was a joke. I mean, her 10 year old sister had it figured out.

So, I kind of forgot about the whole thing, until Saturday night.

The dance started at eight...and Jordyn was nowhere in sight. I figured she must be going to be fashionably late. {Because nobody goes at the time it starts...except maybe the chaperones.}

Around 8:30 pm, I was backing out of the garage and she flagged me down.

"Aren't you and dad chaperoning the dance?" she asked.

"No. That was just a joke," I said, laughing.

"Are you kidding me? Oh! Thank goodness! Let's go Katie," she said to her friend.

{Apparently, the poor thing had been having heart palpitations over the chaperoning business for the past week.}

2 comments:

gotta go girl said...

Dang I wish I would have thought of that one! One of the few true joys of having teenagers is torturing them with embarrassment. How about posting a video of El Jefe and his dance moves? Maybe on Jay's Facebook?

Gayle Menlove said...

Hey I vote for the dance video too. Eat your heart out Trivolta!